[FX & TB] MOOX: 2004.10.22 - [Win32] (Optimized)

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
VSG

Post by VSG »

Does anyone else have the problem that all the extensions won't work with Trunks/Branches since October 15th? Is this due to the version-number of Firefox that has been changed from 0.10 to 1.0?
Cos changing those of the extensions manually doesn't work ... and it's depressing having some really neat extension you depend on that won't work with the new builds.

Moox, your current nightlies are as always awesome, fast and stable.
But since I can't use any of my necessary extensions, I switched back to 2004-10-15-build ... hope the Firefox team will settle this some day ... at least with the final.

Have a great time!
VSG
DurianCS

Post by DurianCS »

Around that date, they changed the version number, so most extensions cannot be installed anymore without tweaking. But previously installed extensions should be working as before.

CS
Durian, King of Fruits
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8a6) Gecko/20041227 Firefox/1.0+ (bangbang023)
TB version 1.0 (20041225)
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

GO here... http://extensionsmirror.nl
I've been happily using extensions that we have bumped from 0.10 to 1.0 with no troubles and I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041021 Firefox/1.0 (MOOX M3) as of today. :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

sasquatch wrote:
GrailKnight wrote:Hello Moox,

Wow is all I can say about the M2 BR build for today.
This is the best daily build in weeks as to performance and stability.
On a side note:

The Official TB BR build for today is performing well also....

Is that a "side note" or a "hint" for a TB build?

;-)

Not at all as I always use the Official TB build.
Just thought I would let people know that this build was working good enough so the builds did not have to waste there time pulling from another poor daily TB build.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

You missed the ;-) so I'll add another ;-) ;-) for the ;-) impaired.

;-)
laszlo

Re: Default Browser anamoly

Post by laszlo »

daveshih wrote:Hi, Moox and everybody,

I'm currently using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041018 Firefox/1.0, and started to notice this Default Browser thing.

This is on my work WinXP Pro SP2 Pent4, using Moox's 10/18/2004 M3 Branch. Oh, and my profile is quite new, I believe, in the Sept or Oct range.

To reproduce:
1. IE is default browser. No IE is running. Run Firefox (tools | General | Check for Default Browser is UN-checked).
2. Close Firefox.
3. Start IE and it will complaint that IE is no loger the default browser.
4. If I start Firefox back up and go to Tools | General | Check for default browser, Firefox will complaint that it is not the default browser either!

??? :-k

Any ideas?

David

Bug 263845 - Firefox (branch) unregisters Internet Explorer as default browser but shouldn't
moox

Post by moox »

2004.10.22 Update
Quick note to say that I have new FX builds uploaded as well as the TB M3 TRUNK build. I am building TB BRANCH builds as well and will have those up after lunch. Fixed the missing gdiplus.dll issue from yesterday's M2 build (sorry about that).

No time to write more as I am still under the gun for a couple of projects at work. I plan on trying to get caught up over the weekend here (maybe has the M2 speed test builds ready for everyon on Monday?)

=====================

VSG
I would suggest going to extensions mirror as pointed out by ieremiou - you will find the latest extension versions there.
Can_Be_Deleted

Post by Can_Be_Deleted »

Thank you moox ;)
escaflo

Post by escaflo »

Still awaiting eagerly for a built with the patch for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=217527

Seamonkey is very ugly........ :)
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

Excellent build today Moox.
Thank you.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
moox

Post by moox »

2004.10.24 Update

Let the Speed Testing begin!!!
Seriously, I have uploaded several test builds and made a page detailing them and the testing methods. You can find all of the info out in this thread:
http://www.moox.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2

===================

There will be new Firefox and Thunderbird builds for tomorrow - the announcements will be here and over here.

===================

THIS THREAD IS MOVING >>> GO HERE NOW!
Starting tomorrow, 2004.10.25, I will no longer be posting updates pertaining to my builds at mozillazine.org, pryan.org, or firefox-browser.de. I have worn these forums out with some rather long threads and I figure I might as well step up and begin hosting my own forum to discuss my builds and related issues at moox.ws. The direct link is http://moox.ws/forum

Please head over there, register and watch those forums for announcements relating to my builds. I will watch here for the next week or so and remind people posting here to take the conversation over to the MOOX forums, but after that, I will not be here that often (other than lurking).
Jack

Post by Jack »

I'm locking this thread per request by moox.