The Official Win32 2004-05-10 build is out.

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
fishbert

Post by fishbert »

sasquatch wrote:
whorfin wrote:... I fail to see how it's going to warp impressionable young minds.

Ever think someone's kid might put that into a search engine?

:omg: [-X [-X [-X
Thank you, morality police.
'Ron Jeremy' in this instance is obviously just some random name pulled from the phone book... if, by sheer coincidence, that is also the name of an adult entertainter and/or film maker (who resembles a sasquatch, by the way), well, tough titties. Go back to your church choir, nothing to see here.

For shits and giggles, here is something I ran across on a google search of 'sasquatch'
http://www.sxxxy.org/archives/000100.html

I think you should change your handle on these message boards, lest someone's kid put that into a search engine.
Kraftwerk

Post by Kraftwerk »

Alright, I know there's bound to be some difference in morality between the U.S and other Western countries (you're from the UK I guess (looking at the expression you're using)) but there's no real answer/solution to this, nor is this the appropriate way of expressing such an opinion (even if I agree with you ;) )

pm plz.. (I know I'm trying to "police" but this is REALLLLYY OT...)
fishbert

Post by fishbert »

Kraftwerk wrote:Alright, I know there's bound to be some difference in morality between the U.S and other Western countries (you're from the UK I guess (looking at the expression you're using))
Nope, western U.S., actually
...however much I may wish to dissociate myself from certain (cough... Bush... cough, cough) aspects of this country.

But hey, this country contains enough wide-swinging regional disparities of morality on its own to suffice -- no need to jump borders just for that. =)
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

I just wish they'd get "#233582 OK button does not work in options.(block FF0.9)" fixed.
It's irritating to have it clear out all tabs if I click the OK button for the Options Panel
Free Your Mind, And Your A$$ Will Follow - Funkadelic, 1970
PhoenixNostalgia

Post by PhoenixNostalgia »

sasquatch wrote:
whorfin wrote:... I fail to see how it's going to warp impressionable young minds.

Ever think someone's kid might put that into a search engine?

Come on now...

You can put anything into an engine these days and get something risque.

Try typing in "monster" on a p2p or regular search engines. Seems trite, but you get some pretty hardcore results. Besides, looking for that kind of stuff is natural. Better a kid be open with that than be repressed.

Now, back to Firefox.
HaST

Post by HaST »

At all, I ask for pardon for my English.

Peter(6), I appraise a lot of your daily effort with these posts and I thank you. But I agree with those which recommend you that you take into account also the builds of Linux and Mac, for something Firefox is cross-platform. I already know yours posts are not officers, but the effort would be much more useful and effective if you did not leave any operating system out.

It is like this.
aeon

Post by aeon »

HaST wrote:Peter(6), I appraise a lot of your daily effort with these posts and I thank you. But I agree with those which recommend you that you take into account also the builds of Linux and Mac, for something Firefox is cross-platform. I already know yours posts are not officers, but the effort would be much more useful and effective if you did not leave any operating system out.

Then why don't you start it by yourself? It's all like that in the world of Open Source.
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

HaST wrote:At all, I ask for pardon for my English.

Peter(6), I appraise a lot of your daily effort with these posts and I thank you. But I agree with those which recommend you that you take into account also the builds of Linux and Mac, for something Firefox is cross-platform. I already know yours posts are not officers, but the effort would be much more useful and effective if you did not leave any operating system out.

It is like this.

I agree with you, but I need more time.
I want to do W32-only untill I'm sure that I can handle trunk/branch simultaniously between FF0.9 and FF1.0.
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)