best build for speed/stability/external apps buttons?

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
KingRizla

best build for speed/stability/external apps buttons?

Post by KingRizla »

Hi guys. I'm a newbie so please, be gentle.

I recently got wind of this nightly build malarky and am currently using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a) Gecko/20040430 Firefox/0.8.

Thing is I love the "external applications" buttons but they are a bit buggy in this version. I'm also aware of the fact that some builds are better than others in terms of speed and stability.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a good build that has also fixed the external apps function?

muchas gracias
chob

Post by chob »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040511 Firefox/0.8.0+ (MOOX) is what I am using atm and it's a very very good build. You can grab it here http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=75503

Don't know if it will fix your external apps funtion tho; since i don't use this feature I can't comment on it.
KingRizla

Post by KingRizla »

Thanks a lot skipper - you're a gent.
Last edited by KingRizla on May 13th, 2004, 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

ExtApps works fine with this build.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
KingRizla

Post by KingRizla »

Wow! you weren't wrong. This build is much, much faster than the other one I was using. And GrailKnight is right, the external apps works too.

Marvellous!
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Yet another happy customer of the now somewhat hidden "unofficial" builds.
Carson

Post by Carson »

Ha ha! Sasquatch picks up on the "new underground" of third party builds. Once there was a computerless world ('tis true!) and the geeks on their Commodores were ALL underground types. Then we had Bill Gates' IE6, and the geeks on Firebird were the underground types. Now we have Firefox Official on its bumpy ride to stardom, and the geeks of "the somewhat hidden 'unofficial' builds" are the new heroes of underground fame!

-- Except, on a far distant island out near where the world drops away, there are rumours (just rumours, mind you) of an old, old man, who lives all by himself without a computer....
Main box XP32 and XP64, using FF 3.6, K-Meleon, IE8, and OffByOne.
This is a home-built AMD Athlon x2 5600+, 8GB GSkill @ 800, 1.7TB on 4 SATAs, 3 ODD. No gaming; just a workhorse
Others in home Eee 901 with XP32 SP3; also Asus F3T with Vista
TheOldMan

Re: best build for speed/stability/external apps buttons?

Post by TheOldMan »

KingRizla wrote:Thing is I love the "external applications" buttons but they are a bit buggy in this version. I'm also aware of the fact that some builds are better than others in terms of speed and stability.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a good build that has also fixed the external apps function?

muchas gracias

If you are speaking of the "External Application Buttons" extension, then I suggest you get the latest version - 0.6.5
Among other things, this fixes the double icon problem.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win95; en-US; rv:1.8a) Gecko/20040513 Firefox/0.8.0+BEAST
nova

Post by nova »

MozillaFirefox_20040514_BRANCH_P4_AXP.exe build does not work for me. Nothings happens after entering an address in the address bar.

I'm using Windows-2000 Professional.

Anyone else having similar issues with this build?

Thanks,