Third Party/Unofficial Builds

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
nosebleed

Post by nosebleed »

Nentuaby wrote:Instead of having an extra forum in each category, why don't you turn it around and have an extra category "Unofficial builds" with a forum for each app?

I kind of like this idea... but for now, it looks like we'll just be using the one forum for unofficial builds until Jason decides to change it up. In the meantime, we need to calm down.

-- Sean
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Of course, most of the questions in the "Firefox builds" forum should now probably be redirected over to either "Firefox bugs", "Firefox support", or "Firefox features" forums to keep this one just about the official builds, right? If you are going to create the rules, you really should keep to them, right?
nosebleed

Post by nosebleed »

sasquatch wrote:Of course, most of the questions in the "Firefox builds" forum should now probably be redirected over to either "Firefox bugs", "Firefox support", or "Firefox features" forums to keep this one just about the official builds, right? If you are going to create the rules, you really should keep to them, right?

I don't think we are going to make a big fuss over that, as we haven't done so in the past. It's up to kerz to tell us any changes on how we should moderate though. I'm not sure if he's planning on any changes in the way we are moderating this forum.

-- Sean
Nitin

Post by Nitin »

sasquatch wrote:Of course, most of the questions in the "Firefox builds" forum should now probably be redirected over to either "Firefox bugs", "Firefox support", or "Firefox features" forums to keep this one just about the official builds, right? If you are going to create the rules, you really should keep to them, right?

Just to add to what Sean wrote, Its on a case by case basis. Sometimes I do move stuff from here to Firefox features/bugs.

And yes, you do not set the rules, kerz does.

EDIT: These responses have been split from the Post in Firefox Builds and moved to this forum.
If you're not using Firefox, you're not surfing the web, you're suffering it.
Join the MZ folding@home team.