Firefox Acid3 test builds

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
frequenzy

Re: Firefox Acid3 test builds

Post by frequenzy »

does your build supports manual updates?
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

frequenzy wrote:does your build supports manual updates?

Sorry, they don't. You have to download the compete new version form the website to update.
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

Sorry. My server appears to be down. I should have it back running by 1PM Eastern US time.
war59312

Post by war59312 »

Your web page says today's build should be 97 but I'm only getting a 94.
God Bless America
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

war59312 wrote:Your web page says today's build should be 97 but I'm only getting a 94.

You are supposed to run the test with the browser set at default settings with no extensions that block ads and/or flash content etc. installed.

If you have adblock plus installed, you need to add the domain acidtests.org to the whitelist.

Also, you need to disable show tabs on flash and java.

You could also try it with a clean profile.

If none of this gets you to 97/100,, click on the letter A in Acid after the test runs and you will get a report showing which sections failed. Posting those results back here might help us figure this out.
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

These builds now score 97/100.

The remaining issues that do not have patches included in my builds are:

1. Intermittently (but quite rarely) failing tests 26, 27 & 80 (Bug 335998).
2. The builds fail tests 77, 78 & 79 because of lack of SVG Font support (Bug 119490).
3. The wrong favicon displays upon test completion (Bug 281150).
4. Not all tests complete in the 33 milliseconds per test limit in order to pass the smooth animation requirement.
Last edited by wgianopoulos on February 6th, 2009, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
nec

Post by nec »

If you can make a Firefox 3.1pre Build which includes the patches for Acid3 and Hotmail, more people (including me) will be happier...
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

nec wrote:If you can make a Firefox 3.1pre Build which includes the patches for Acid3 and Hotmail, more people (including me) will be happier...

The point of the 3.1pre builds is to test code that will eventually be in Firefox version 3.1. The only Acid3 related patch I have in my builds that has any chance of being included in Firefox 3.1 is the one for bug 468218, which I seriously doubt many are interested in.

As for the Hotmail patch, it turns out it only corrects one of many issues with Hotmail operating correctly with the current trunk builds.

It turns out that all of the Hotmail issues can be resolved by merely installing the User Agent Sniffer extension and spoofing the Safari user-agent string.

Therefore, I will NOT be generating any 3.1pre builds including these patches.
nec

Post by nec »

wgianopoulos wrote:The point of the 3.1pre builds is to test code that will eventually be in Firefox version 3.1. The only Acid3 related patch I have in my builds that has any chance of being included in Firefox 3.1 is the one for bug 468218, which I seriously doubt many are interested in.
... (skipped middle thing) ...
Therefore, I will NOT be generating any 3.1pre builds including these patches.

But then why do you generate a Firefox 3.0.xpre Build which includes patches for FTP uploading???
http://www.wg9s.com/mozilla/firefox-3.0/

wgianopoulos wrote:It turns out that all of the Hotmail issues can be resolved by merely installing the User Agent Sniffer extension and spoofing the Safari user-agent string.

Safari user-agent string~
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.26.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.2 Safari/525.26.13
Is "User Agent Sniffer" meant by "User Agent Switcher"???
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59
http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/
In addition, "User Agent Switcher" lacks a per-site or per-tab setting of user agent string...
User needs to manually switch user agent string when he/she changes the site for browsing...
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

Starting with 20090311 trunk builds, you can score 96/100 by setting the preference svg.smil.enabled to true.

I mention this only to point out that progress is being made.

The rules of the test state that only points obtained using default options count.
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

It seems that the ACID3 test 71 has been modified to work according to Mozilla's interpretation of the HTML 5 specification. Therefore, both trunk and 1.9.2 branch builds now score 97/100 if you set the following 2 preferences to true in about:config (of course test rules say only points scored using default preferences count):

html5.enable
svg.smil.enabled
zdzichu

Post by zdzichu »

I got 96/100 because of failing test 80 with error: kungFuDeathGrip was null

latest trunk, win7, checked with all extensions disabled
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

blindrood wrote:I got 96/100 because of failing test 80 with error: kungFuDeathGrip was null

latest trunk, win7, checked with all extensions disabled

When i do get that error, i find that clearing the browser cache usually fixes it.

bug 335998 is still outstanding and is supposed to fix intermittent failures on that test (among others)
rynhart

Post by rynhart »

what is an acid test