[Fx] -[BlueFyre]- 2007-08-01 [Trunk/Win32/VC8][O2/GA/GL/SSE]

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

20040726 Built

[Note]
Experimental icons removed, didn't seem to work, and no one seemed to have even said anything :P
If you notice this notice you may notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

20040727 Built
If you notice this notice you may notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

20040728 Built
moox

Post by moox »

BlueFyre wrote:20040725 Built

[Note]
Experimental icons... which is suppsed to include the dark blue icons too...
So far it doesn't seem to be working... if anyone can get it to work please notify me (on here) and I will put them back into use for the next build... So far I haven't been able to use it, so I have reverted to my normal one...

If you want to alter the icon use ResHack - it is the only tool I have found that will let you do it. Download here:
http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

moox wrote:If you want to alter the icon use ResHack - it is the only tool I have found that will let you do it. Download here:
http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/

Thanks... but it's not exactly what I meant... because that would mean individually editing the Firefox.exe file very time wouldn't it?

What I tried to do was modify the Firefox.ico file before acutually building Firefox... What got resulted was:
<ol>
<li>Firefox unofficial (Scragz)
<li>Firefox document icon
<li>Firefox unofficial (Scragz)
</ol>

same as mmoy's exe... don't know why this happened because I verified the .ico file that I made (by creating a shortcut to it, then changing the icon for it using the same .ico file to the dark blue icon) and it worked...

Anyhow thanks for acutually taking some time and giving in some input :P
Haven't been getting a lot lately...

[Edit]
Oooo, I looked that res hacker and found out that you can do it from a command line... maybe I'll look in to this :P

[Edit2]
Ok, I've managed to replace the second "Firefox unofficial (Scragz)" with the dark blue icon for my exe... now to just figure out how to get it to do it from a command line ...

[Edit3]
I've gotten the command line down to change the 3rd icon group to the "dark blue icons"

Code: Select all

ResHacker.exe -addoverwrite Firefox.exe, Firefox.exe, Firefox-blue.ico, icongroup,32512,1033

The first firefox.exe is the original, the second is the well product, the firefox-blue.ico is the well dark blue icon...
I'm not absolutely sure... but this might work every time... I'll try it out in tomorrows build

[Edit4 (20040729)]
The code above, for future reference, will replace the icon that you see inside Firefox (in the top left hand corner of the window)
I've just manged to get the dark blue icons into play... just added a new resource name
Last edited by BlueFyre on July 29th, 2004, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

20040729 Built

[Note]
Screwed up with the whole blue icon thing... I'm reverting to normal building :P
Normal building will revert tomorrow
<Cancelled> Read edit(s)

[Edit]
Then again I don't really give up too too easily... :P
I have found a way to mak eit possible to have the dark blue icon after all...
It will just take a little time, which I have today :)
I'll post more updates

[Edit2]
Ok.. I've managed to get the "dark blue" icons into play, only downside it won't display the dark blue icons in the Firefox window when you're using it... Upside, you can have it on your desktop, and change the document icons to look dark blue'ish .... w/e
BTW I've reuploaded recently to update the exe...
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

20040730 Built
moox

Post by moox »

BlueFyre wrote:[Edit3]
I've gotten the command line down to change the 3rd icon group to the "dark blue icons"

ResHacker.exe -addoverwrite Firefox.exe, Firefox.exe, Firefox-blue.ico, icongroup,32512,1033

I HAVE to play with this and incorporate it into by build script! I never thought about using RH from the command line!
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

moox wrote:
BlueFyre wrote:[Edit3]

I HAVE to play with this and incorporate it into by build script! I never thought about using RH from the command line!

I'll help out with the command :P

"c:\mozilla\files\reshacker\ResHacker.exe" -addoverwrite "c:\mozilla\mozilla\dist\bin\Firefox.exe", "c:\mozilla\mozilla\dist\bin\Firefox.exe", "c:\mozilla\branding\Firefox-blue.ico", icongroup,2,1033

This one is for the dark blue icon... I just created a group named 2, don't think the 1033 even applies

"c:\mozilla\files\reshacker\ResHacker.exe" -addoverwrite "c:\mozilla\mozilla\dist\bin\Firefox.exe", "c:\mozilla\mozilla\dist\bin\Firefox.exe", "c:\mozilla\branding\document-blue.ico", icongroup,3,1033

This one is for the document blue icon... I just created a group named 2, don't think the 1033 even applies

They're both a one line think in my build script
Hope this helps and works out in your future builds :P

I apply those two right as I'm copying and editing some files
avbohemen

Post by avbohemen »

BlueFyre wrote:20040730 Built

This build crashes when I drag the vertical scrollbar up or down :(
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

20040731 Built

In regards to avbohemen about the crash while scrolling... it was a known bug for yesterday and is fixed in todays build :)
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

20040801 Built
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

20040802 Built
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

20040803 Built
Last edited by BlueFyre on August 3rd, 2004, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
moox

Post by moox »

BlueFyre wrote:20040802 Built

Typo?