[Fx] -[BlueFyre]- 2007-08-01 [Trunk/Win32/VC8][O2/GA/GL/SSE]

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
LordDeath

Post by LordDeath »

BlueFyre wrote:20040705 Built

build is written with a "d" ^^
311Sam

Post by 311Sam »

one thing ive noticed about the lastest 8.0 builds is that if i right click and select save as it will bring up a microsoft menu asking which directory to put the file in. Once i select it will then go to the firefox download menu asking to save to hd or open. It used to go start to the firefox menu when i right click save as. Why is it not doing this anymore? Its been this way for the last few builds, messing with the options dosent seem to help. Also, the bookmark directory selction is not saved anymore with the last few builds. Used to if i bookmarked a page it would do to bookmarks, now it always tries to go to bookmarks toolbar folder, anyway to change that so it defaults to the other one like it used too?

edit:
i just ran into a problem with this version. When i try to connect to my firewall (192.168.0.1) it does not pop up the password box anymore so i cant log onto it. Is this a glitch with this build or is there an option that got messed up somewhere??
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

311Sam wrote:one thing ive noticed about the lastest 8.0 builds is that if i right click and select save as it will bring up a microsoft menu asking which directory to put the file in. Once i select it will then go to the firefox download menu asking to save to hd or open. It used to go start to the firefox menu when i right click save as. Why is it not doing this anymore? Its been this way for the last few builds, messing with the options dosent seem to help. Also, the bookmark directory selction is not saved anymore with the last few builds. Used to if i bookmarked a page it would do to bookmarks, now it always tries to go to bookmarks toolbar folder, anyway to change that so it defaults to the other one like it used too?

edit:
i just ran into a problem with this version. When i try to connect to my firewall (192.168.0.1) it does not pop up the password box anymore so i cant log onto it. Is this a glitch with this build or is there an option that got messed up somewhere??

1) I don't know where this download menu you speak of, so I can't seem to reproduce it....
2) Right click bookmark this page, then click on that little box with a arrow pointing down... that should give you the rest of your folders....
3) I have no idea what's wrong with your firewall... But you could try to do hxxp://user@192.168.0.1 and it might ask for a password... or if you really wanted to go insecure you could do hxxp://user:password@192.168.0.1 (the xx was intentional for you not to click on it)

[edit] so the hxxp:// doesn't really work.. lol
If you notice this notice you may notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

LordDeath wrote:
BlueFyre wrote:20040705 Built

build is written with a "d" ^^

Naw... it's built as in "I built 20040705 today, and now I have released it..." which is true because I can never seem to post in exactly on time :P (No worries... if you want it you can just look on the ftp)

But on a side note... I'll be leaving on 20040707 for one week (approx.) maybe another day for rest... so I won't be buiilding for that time... Sorry :P
Today's build will be the last for that period...
If you notice this notice you may notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
311Sam

Post by 311Sam »

BlueFyre wrote:1) I don't know where this download menu you speak of, so I can't seem to reproduce it....
2) Right click bookmark this page, then click on that little box with a arrow pointing down... that should give you the rest of your folders....
3) I have no idea what's wrong with your firewall... But you could try to do hxxp://user@192.168.0.1 and it might ask for a password... or if you really wanted to go insecure you could do hxxp://user:password@192.168.0.1 (the xx was intentional for you not to click on it)

[edit] so the hxxp:// doesn't really work.. lol

what the?

1) you dont have this problem? Its been present for like the last 10 builds with me. Anything that i try to right click and save (images, file links, ect) will result in a microsoft window coming up (like the one in IE) asking where i want to save the file or image to. Once i select the directory then the firefox menu will come up asking if i want to open the file or save to hd. Several builds ago it used to go straight to the firefox menu asking if i wanted to open or save to hd. Try this, right click on the donate button on this site and try to save the image, let me know what happends.

2) i was talking about the fact that which ever folder i select does not get saved so that in the next session i will again have to select the folder again. It used to stay saved, or atleast i think, that was like several months ago though. Maybe it just defaulted to the folder i always used, dont know, so long ago i cant even remember...

3) its not the firewall, i cant log into my site's control panel either. normally a box asking me to input my user name and pass would pop up. Now it doesnt and the site(s) just direct me to an error page about how it couldnt log me on. But meh, maybe this will be fixed in the next version...
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

20040706 Built
311Sam

Post by 311Sam »

dont know why but i just had to go all the way back to Firefox-20040627-O2-G7-GL-SSE (i think thats the one i had before i "upgraded" as well) before i could found one that would allow me to log into my firewall........
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

20040707 Built

[Note]
Guess I had some spare time... my flight doesn't really leave yet :P
On that note... I'll be leaving for one week, returning in exactly one week so I guess I'll have to resume building one day one week from now...
Good Day
BlueFyre

*BUMP*

Post by BlueFyre »

Hehe...
Guess who's back, back again.

Yea! I'll start building again tomorrow... that is if I get enough sleep...
Man lots and lots of green stuff ;) This will be nice for a build
... ;P
mitodna

Post by mitodna »

welcome back, mind to include official unofficial dark blue icons as well, i heard can include both, but i dunno how

mitodna
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

20040715 Built
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

mitodna wrote:welcome back, mind to include official unofficial dark blue icons as well, i heard can include both, but i dunno how

mitodna

Would you mind clairifying which "dark blue icon" this is... I've heard about it... but have never seen it :P
Maybe a link to a picture of it?
mitodna

Post by mitodna »

sorry, i dunno where is the pictures, but i think it is from the CVS though

mitodna
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

Ah... the default icon... umm...
If you really wanted to use the dark blue icon instead of the one I use... you could copy the dark blue icon from an exe that has it... and then just change the icon on the picture in your shortcut?

...I'm not too sure how to go including it as a second set of icons in my build... but if you could findout for me it would be great... I don't think anyone really would mind a few extra kb's in this build...

Anyhow gotta run...
mitodna

Post by mitodna »

well, i dont know how to do it as well

http://forums.mozillazine.org/posting.p ... e&p=647037

but i think MMOY did includes 3 sets of icons, i also dont mind extra few KBs

mitodna