Request for a multi-day banner ?

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
pete of ebor

Request for a multi-day banner ?

Post by pete of ebor »

This really is a feature request so aplolgies if I have posted in the wrong bit of the forum.
I know that Lightning cannot (..currently..) display multi-day events as a banner, but I do think that it really is time that it should be able to. All of the other calendars that I use or regularly have access to (eg Google, zimbra, even MS outlook) do do this. Yes, I understand there are issues with regard to having to create null entries to create gaps where banners may overlap but these other calendar developers seem to have managed it. It really is very annoying when a multi-day event gets broken up each day. If it really is impossible with the current set-up of Lightning, a stop-gap might be to allow the user to dictate the order of entries in each day then at least they could manually line up the entires.

Before you say it, Yes, I do understand that this forum IS NOT related to Mozilla directly, but I do hope some of the developers from Mozilla read it occasionally.
ssitter

Re: Request for a multi-day banner ?

Post by ssitter »

This wish exists for many years but up to now no volunteer showed up who wants to work on this feature.