Calendar not appearing in Thunderbird

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.

Post Posted February 7th, 2018, 5:14 am

Not sure if this is a Thunderbird problem or calendar problem, but the calendar is not appearing in Thunderbird today. I tried disabling the extension, restarting TB, enabling the extension and restarting TB, but to no avail. I also checked for updates to the calendar and as far as I can tell, it is the current version (Provider for Google Calendar 3.3 is the extension). The problem began today.

TB: 52.6.0

Thanks for any advice.

Post Posted February 15th, 2018, 8:44 am

I have the same/similar problem so any advice/comments V gratefully accepted, I've been struggling for two days with a missing Calendar! I'm not Technical so forgive me but when I updated Tbird my Calendar disappeared and it's proving impossible to get Lightning back. My research shows my latest & stable Tbird 52.6 should be married to Lightning 5.4.6 but the Lightning download won't unpack - "Extractor RT - WinRTError: The parameter is incorrect." which I have Googled and have no idea what it means in this context.
Help! I just want my Lightning back so I can access my diary.

Post Posted February 15th, 2018, 12:36 pm

Did you check Events and Tasks in the menu and confirm Calendar was enabled?

Same question and why the heck do you have to unpack the extension?
Just open the Add-ons Manager in Thunderbird and use "Install Add-on From File..."
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5

Post Posted February 15th, 2018, 3:11 pm

Thanks, heaps, WaltS48, you are a nice person!
As I mentioned, I'm a Complete Technical Numpty, however I managed to bumble around and discover to what you referred. Didn't know it existed!
I now have my Calendar back, profuse "Thanks" and Good Health to you Sir!

Return to Calendar