Recurring entries in Lightning and daylight saving

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
jonathanc

Recurring entries in Lightning and daylight saving

Post by jonathanc »

My profound apologies if this recurring topic has been definitively settled and my searches have failed to find a fix.

My Lightning calendars (4.0.6) are all sync'd with Google calendars via Provider for Google Calendar 2.7.

My time zone is UTC / GMT (London) in Windows and in Google Calendar.

If I set up a recurring entry for (say) 1030 on the first Monday of each month in Lightning, Lightning changes this in its monthly display to 1130 as soon as UK daylight saving time kicks in - ie it shows it as 1030 on 1st Feb and 1030 on 7th March, but as 1130 on 4th April.

Editing 'all occurrences' of the event shows the correct time, whichever instance I start from; but editing 'just this occurrence' shows the time advanced by one hour if I start from an instance during the daylight saving period.

The time is always correct in Google Calendar and on my iPhone.

I have fiddled with various versions of UTC in various locations, but to no avail.

Have I missed something, please?
jonathanc

Re: Recurring entries in Lightning and daylight saving

Post by jonathanc »

As you were.

I wrestle with this problem unsuccessfully for weeks - honestly - then write to you guys, and overnight it disappears (for new events, though not for existing recurring entries).

So thank you for the magic. I just wish I knew what had been going wrong.
eagleseed

Post by eagleseed »

I have experienced this problem on and off for years. It is back again this year. Recurring calendar entries changed their time to an hour later at daylight time. Presumably Thunderbird takes its time cues from the system, picks up the advance of system clock for daylight time, but has no adjustments for the calendar.

If it is too complicated to program this in, couldn't a manual daylight time setting being added? I forgot about this and ended up having some serious repercussions on some appointments.

I wanted to post my version of the Calendar but cannot find that, as it is integrated with Thunderbird and doesn't have its own "about". Can somebody help me with that?
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

@eagleseed

To find the version of Lightning installed, you can got to the Add-ons Manager, hover your mouse pointer over the name and see a tool tip, or go to Help > Troubleshooting Information, and scroll down to the Extensions section.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5