Lightning 6.2 German version needed

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
GoldenSixties

Lightning 6.2 German version needed

Post by GoldenSixties »

Today I was forced to upgrade to TB 60.0 due to technical dependencies in Arch Linux.

So far all went smooth (more or less), but wherever I look and search, I don't find the german version of Lightning 6.2, so I'm dealing with a localized/german TB and an english calendar.

I've found this download directory http://archive.mozilla.org/pub/calendar ... ux-x86_64/ , but I'm not sure to take the latest 6.2b1 version, because this sounds like a beta version to me.

Any hints, tips or tricks?

Thanx in advance.
WaltS48

Re: Lightning 6.2 German version needed

Post by WaltS48 »

How were you forced to update and how did you update?

Was it a distribution version of Thunderbird?

Thunderbird 60.0 doesn't offer an update from 52.9.1, has to be downloaded and installed over version 52.9.1, unless it is a Linux distributions version. I haven't seen one from Ubuntu yet. When I do, I also get the updated version of Lightning.

Installing the German version of Thunderbird 60.0 in a test environment, installs the German version of Lightning 6.2 with Thunderbird for me.

I've done that test before TB 60.0 was released, and again a few minutes ago.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
GoldenSixties

Post by GoldenSixties »

Thanks for testing it, WaltS48.

As I said, dependencies in Arch Linux forced the install, libicui18n.so.61 to be precise.
I installed the german version from above mentioned archive and it's been running so far for ~12 hours.

Since you are getting the German version of TB plus the German version of Lightning: What distribution are you using?
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

GoldenSixties wrote:Thanks for testing it, WaltS48.

As I said, dependencies in Arch Linux forced the install, libicui18n.so.61 to be precise.
I installed the german version from above mentioned archive and it's been running so far for ~12 hours.

Since you are getting the German version of TB plus the German version of Lightning: What distribution are you using?
I download and test candidate versions from the Mozilla archive link.

I use the en-US version on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5