Switching of Reminders in Thunderbird/Lightning

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
OmniCan

Switching of Reminders in Thunderbird/Lightning

Post by OmniCan »

I have a problem with the reminder alarm set for an event in Thunderbird with Lightning.
Once the reminder alarms pop up at the specified time prior to the event, they just keep reappearing relentlessly. They cannot be dismissed or made to snooze. Even changing the event back to no reminder required, and saving the event does not work. Has anyone encountered this problem? Would appreciate a fix or a workaround.
Thanks
Dartman

Re: Switching of Reminders in Thunderbird/Lightning

Post by Dartman »

I'll move you to the Calendar forum.
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

What Lightning version and OS do you use? Where do you store your events? In a local calendar, an iCalendar (ics) file, CalDAV server, ... ?
OmniCan

Post by OmniCan »

Oops-I should have provided additonal information for a proper resolution to my query earlier:
a.I use Windows XP Professional, Thunderbird 2.0.0.9, Lightning 0.9. Events are stored on Google Calendar.
b. I have no problems in syncing new events whenever I make an update in Google Calendar(on the web) or on my computer in Thunderbird.
c.The problem is only with changing/syncing reminders. Even if I make the change in Google, the pop-up alarms on Thunderbird/Lightning do not stop.
Would appreciate any input to fix this. Thanks.
bvdbos

Post by bvdbos »

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=457890
you can install the latest version of gdata-provider, then it should be solved:
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/thunderbird/addon/4631
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

How do you access Google Calendar? Via the read-only iCalendar feed? Via the Provider for Google Calendar extension? Via the new CalDAV support in Google Calendar? Do you have the experimental cache feature enabled for that calendar?
OmniCan

Post by OmniCan »

I access Google Calendar via the Provider v 0.5.1 for Google Calendar Extension. Experimental cache is enabled. Is there a step I have missed? Thanks.
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

I have read in other posts in this forum that the experimental cache causes this issue. You could disable it and check if the issue still exists.
OmniCan

Post by OmniCan »

I reinstalled the latest version of gdata provider from the Mozilla Addons site, just for good order's sake.(https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/thunderbird/addon/4631).
And disabled the experimental cache. This does largely solve the problem-whenever the alarm pops up, I can now dismiss it, and the alarm thankfully disappears. So this does partly solve the problem. Thanks!
However I wonder why changing the event back to no reminder required, and saving the event does not result in a change in the reminder settings of the event. If I change the time/date of the event, the change does come through on the calendar. So , there still seems to be some kind of limitation in the reminder setting function of the calendar.