No way to accept invitations

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Packe

Re: No way to accept invitations

Post by Packe »

Having the same problem when trying to accept invitations (using Thunderbird 3.0b4 and Lightning 1.0pre (nightly build from October 20th)). I don't even get the question to accept/reject an invitation if I configure a calendar as a "Google Calendar", but only when configuring it as CalDav or iCal. But then I get the "modification failed" error.

So, are there any solution yet to this problem?
oldstronzo

Post by oldstronzo »

Was wondering whether anyone has figured out a workaround for this issue of not being able to accept invitations other than wait for the new release and manually type in the appointment into the T-Bird calendar?

Thanks.
LesBarstow

Post by LesBarstow »

Similar issue here with CalDAV to Zimbra 6.0.3, latest nightly Lightning 1.0b1pre and TB 3rc2. If I receive an event invite, from a Zimbra user, the event is automatically added to my CalDAV calendar (because Zimbra already put it there), but I cannot Accept the meeting invite (Modification_failed, and remote calendar disconnects).
blatz

Post by blatz »

I´ve the same problems as all inside that topic, no invitation buttons ins TB since some weeks.

Running on Mac OS X Snow Leopard using Thunderbird 3.0.1 and the latest nightlys of Lightning and Google Provider. Tested also with the latest official build of Lightning.

I receive Calendar invitations and can´t see any buttons to accept, decline only the text in those mails and i´ve to add them manually to my calendar.

I use ONLY network calendars from Google and the local one that lightning creates is removed and deleted.

Today i thought, could this be the problem that i´ve deleted my local calender in lightning?

and found a solution for this problem!

1. i´ve create a new local one, empty, beside my 3 network calendars.

2. restart Thunderbird,

3. click on a mail with a NEW calendar invitation and hoorray there are the accept, decline buttons.

Lightning doesn´t work only with network calendars, just create a new local one.

i hope this helps somebody
Firefox: Version 2.0 // Thunderbird: Version 2.0
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

blatz, not quit correct. It does work with network calendars, but not with any network calendars. As you can read on the Provider for Google Calendar extension homepage and FAQ the invitation feature is disabled on purpose for Google Calendar due to server issues.
Carnelain

Post by Carnelain »

It is possible to save the .ics file and import it in lighting. I know this is a workaround but maybe it is helpfull.
lynncurrie

Post by lynncurrie »

ssitter,

I'm having the same issue. I found where it mentions that it's been disabled but it's possible to enable it through the options. Have you done this? If so, how did you do it and what were your results?

Thanks,

Lynn