Sunbird About screen pickiness

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Ryon

Sunbird About screen pickiness

Post by Ryon »

Sorry, this is me being ultra-picky, but when I saw the checkin for Sunbird's about screen image, I couldn't help but notice that it didn't appear to match up with Firefox's at all.

So I overlayed them in Photoshop, and sure enough:

The typefaces are different and everything (gradient, type, logo) is in different positions.

I don't know where to get vector or PNG art of the Sunbird logo but I made this, which can be added to by someone who does have access to the logo:

If someone could tell me how I might get the new one checked in, that would be great. Do I file a bug? Pardon my n00bness... I am new to any sort of Moz development/contribution.

(Also, is this the current about screen for Thunderbird? I could work on that one, too.)
astrowob

Post by astrowob »

Your link points to the old Thunderbird logo....
Ryon

Post by Ryon »

I know. Is that the one used on the about screen for it, or was that updated? I don't use Thunderbird, and I could be looking in the wrong places in LXR.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8
astrowob

Post by astrowob »

The current Thunderbird logo is following the same pattern as Sunbird and Firefox, think you'll have to download it to find out, I have no idea where it would be in the your lxr link...
Ryon

Post by Ryon »

Never mind, they are apparently redoing them all with small changes here and there (the Firefox logo itself is subtly different from the 1.0PR one!)
lilmatt

Post by lilmatt »

Ryon,
I was as picky as you, so I updated the "About Sunbird" image in 0.2b to be similar to FF and TB.

-lilmatt
markcarson

Post by markcarson »

@Ryon,

I seem to have the Sunbird original artwork :-) so I'll make an adjusted version and post it back here, perhaps tomorrow. You can then enter it into bugzilla for later inclusion into the official Sunbird builds.
that that is is that that is not is not is that it it is