sunbird 0.2rc1 not starting up in linux

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
xjqcf

sunbird 0.2rc1 not starting up in linux

Post by xjqcf »

I just downloaded the 0.2rc1 version of sunbird (sunbird-i686-linux-gtk2+xft.tar.gz). trying to run the sunbird script, however, fails to open, and an exit code of 1 is returned. I was able to find that the binary, sunbird-bin, gets launched but is immediately returning with an exit code of 01. I have been using the 0.2a build for a while with sucess.

Could someone give me some suggestions what to look for to determine the reason for the startup failure?

-Matt
gareed

Post by gareed »

Did you try starting the new build with a new profile. I have found that upgrading between some of the early builds required me to backup the old profile and start with a new one.
ganlu

Post by ganlu »

I have never successfully start up sunbird on my system, I am running Arch Linux 0.7, gnome 2.9.2 and gcc 3.4.3. I got segfault problem always when try xft build, rc2 gtk build works but not the gtk2-xft build.
xjqcf

Post by xjqcf »

OK, I just downloaded and installed the version without xft, and now it starts up. I have not extensively tested it, but the brief navigation moves I made seem to be working as expected. Seems to point to some incompatibility with xft used for this build.

-Matt