Please select a calendar that supports tasks

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
cecilyen

Re: Please select a calendar that supports tasks

Post by cecilyen »

This thread is extremely helpful for me. But, I have tried several ways and figured out that Google and Yahoo's CalDAV does not properly upport tasks. So, I spent several hours to find a better solution.
Finally, I found a free CalDAV service from Memotoo, which does support tasks. It works well with iCal and I will try it later on Thunderbird+Lightening.
Here is the web site https://www.memotoo.com Just register and you will have a working CalDAV that support tasks sync. And the best part is that it can sync with many other service including Google tasks!!
Last edited by cecilyen on January 5th, 2012, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cecilyen

Post by cecilyen »

Follow up...

Just realized that I couldsee and add/delete tasks in Lightening 1.1.1. But, I could't mark the tasks as complete or modify it. This rendered Lightening's tasks function conjunction with CalDAV pretty useless. Modification of tasks is working fine in Mac Mail 4.x I think this might be a bug in Lightening.

Ps. I am using Windows 7 x64 + Thunderbird 9.0.1 (tete's PGO build)
jpaul3

Post by jpaul3 »

To rmbrme and anyone else that may have a solution... I do not have the Yahoo calendar with TB, but installed the Lightening addon syncing with Google Cal. Tasks is not available. From what I read, Tasks is available with the Yahoo calendar. How do I replace the Google Cal with the Yahoo Cal to be able to make my lists in tasks?
rmbrme

Post by rmbrme »

jpaul3: What are trying to accomplish with the calendar? I.E. are you wanting to share the calendar between/among computers?
jpaul3

Post by jpaul3 »

My calendar is OK. I'm using it, setting appointments and events. It is my Tasks that are not functional. I had gotten used to Outlook 2007 having everything in one location. However, I did not back up Outlook properly and lost all, so I went to Thunderbird at the recommendation of friends. Wouldn't mind either if TB's contacts were set up like Outlook. I'm not so concerned with sharing, only wanted to be able to jot down "tasks" as I thought of 'em. Later on I was able to link Google Tasks within TB. However, I'd prefer to use "tasks" that is within TB itself. Thanks!
rmbrme

Post by rmbrme »

If you have Lightning installed and are using that calendar functionality within Tbird already, tasks are part of the basic functionality of Lightning. Click on the Today Pane in the lower right to display events in a right pane of the email tab window and tasks in a right pane of the calendar tab window. While viewing the calendar tab, you can then either double click in the right pane of the Calendar tab window (task window) or click on Events and Tasks in the menu bar toolbar, then New Task to create a new task. You can have the tasks as part of an existing calendar or create a new calendar called tasks for just tasks. You can also click on Events and Tasks in the menu bar toolbar and then tasks to view tasks in the calendar tab instead of the calendar (You will need to click on Events and Tasks, then Calendar to switch back to the calendar view while in the calendar tab. Is this what you are looking for?