Recurring Events Not Showing

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
ms22282

Recurring Events Not Showing

Post by ms22282 »

I created a recurring event, but they're not showing in the list except the first one. How can I make so that all the recurring events show up?
ms22282

Re: Recurring Events Not Showing

Post by ms22282 »

I confirmed that it shows all the events show up as expected on iPhone, so the events are in deed recurring events. However, it only shows once on the find events list on Thunderbird. Events and Tasks - Check Find Events
Thanks,
pdcweb

Post by pdcweb »

I have noticed this too and would also like a solution.

If you set it to "show all events", and filter/search for your repeated event, it shows the first occurance of the repeated event in the search list.

If you set it to "show all future events", it does not show the event at all.

If you look on the calendar at the dates the event should happen, they are there.
ms22282

Post by ms22282 »

I don't want just the first occurance of the recurring event. I want all the recurring events to show up on the find events list as if they were separate like how outlook is.
pdcweb

Post by pdcweb »

Right, Me too. I was detailing some other points about this problem in TB. Not giving you a solution.
As I said, "I have noticed this too and would also like a solution."

The issue (bug?) is "the program only shows the FIRST occurance of a a repeated event in the find list." It's not that it does not show any, but only the first one. So, if the first one was a year ago, you never see it again in the events list, unless you choose "show all events" in which case you see the entry from a year ago.

Ideally is should show X future or ALL future repeating occurances based on a configuration choice.
Perhaps there is a setting somewhere to change this behavior but I can't find it.
ms22282

Post by ms22282 »

Is there place to file a bug like this?
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

It is a known issue, no need to file another bug. Currently you'll only see single occurrences of the repeating events in the unifinder if you choose a filter with a closed date range, i.e. not 'all' or 'all future'.
ms22282

Post by ms22282 »

ssitter wrote:It is a known issue, no need to file another bug. Currently you'll only see single occurrences of the repeating events in the unifinder if you choose a filter with a closed date range, i.e. not 'all' or 'all future'.

Even if you choose all events, recurring events show up only once. Is this issue being fixed?
albacore

Post by albacore »

I have just experienced this problem with Thunderbird 78.14

Eleven years later and still not fixed!