Firefox Calendar or Sunbird?

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Flee

Firefox Calendar or Sunbird?

Post by Flee »

Which is better? I've been playing around with the Firefox extension, and it seems to work fine. Was just wondering if Sunbird is better?
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I believe that Sunbird is based off the same codebase. However, it does not yet support the email alarm, so if this is important, stick with the extension. I know the TB extension definately will email the alarm, that is, if calendar and TB are running...
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Flee

Post by Flee »

Yes I DO need the email feature. I use that to send email reminders to my pager. I mest with it a bit today and I think I'll stick with the extension. Maybe i'll look into Sunbird again when they have an actual "release".
manis56

Post by manis56 »

you can actually use either program to access the same calendar file(s) by using the file open command. So, if tb is opened, you can get your calendar; if you aren't using tb and just want to see your schedule, then you can use sb to look at exactly the same calendar file(s)
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

manis56 wrote:...if you aren't using tb and just want to see your schedule, then...
I think it is easier to start Thunderbird with the -calendar option, so only the calendar window opens. This way you only have one installed product.
Rod