Sunbird: Change sound?

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
UlrichB

Sunbird: Change sound?

Post by UlrichB »

Hallo,
is there any way to change the sound of the alarm in Sunbird? It seems not to be possible via the GUI and I did not find any wav file neither in the programs directory nor in the profile. However, I read that it is even possible to change the fonts in sunbird. Maybe there is a way by changing some configfile?
Any help is appreciated.
Kind regards - Ulrich
Lost User 53265

Changing sound

Post by Lost User 53265 »

Using Sunbird/2.0 I changed my sound alarm by going to the Sunbird directory, chrome, calendar.jar. Open calendar.jar by unzipping it to a place of your chose. Find sound.wav in the file and delete it and replace with a sound wav. of your choice. Be sure to re-name your new file as "sound.wav" without the quotes. This has worked for me. The problem is you have to do it every time Sunbird is updated. Good luck.
Lost User 53265

Change sound

Post by Lost User 53265 »

Working off the top of my head above. Shouldn't do that. The sound.wave fine is found in the content folder after unzipping your calendar.jar. After replacing you will have to repack it.
UlrichB

Post by UlrichB »

Hallo Rocky,
this worked fine, many thanks for your tip. I will publish it in the german forum too.
I don't know anything about jar-archives, but it worked by using a regular zip packer. Maybe you can give me some information about the jar format? I saw that in the original calendar.jar the files were not compressed. Till now I noticed that jarfiles are used in java applets.
Thanks again and kind regards - Ulrich
JujuLand

Post by JujuLand »

Jar format is zip format.

Except that usually, there is no compress.
Mail : Alain Aupeix #chez# wanadoo fr
Web: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/jujuLand/
Web: K-Meleon Extension Setup

Post by UlrichB »

Thank you for this information.
BTW: Is there any place were one can post feature requests? I only found a page containing a to-do-list for sunbird but it did not contain this issue.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

UlrichB wrote:Is there any place were one can post feature requests?
Yes: Bugzilla. Anyone can contribute by commenting on existing bug reports and by creating new bug reports.
Rod
UlrichB

Post by UlrichB »

Hallo Rod,
thank you for this hint. I knew about bugzilla, but didn't know that it is also provided for feature requests. I found, that there is already a request for this feature and voted for it.
Regards - Ulrich