Sunbird & Thunderbird (lightning) - Can SB read dates fr

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
CdBee

Sunbird & Thunderbird (lightning) - Can SB read dates fr

Post by CdBee »

I understand that Thunderbird's address-book can be addressed by other applications.

When I have a new contact to store details on, I enter their name, address, company or circle of friends and contact details in the Thunderbird address book, then I enter their birthday in Sunbird

I understand that in a future TB extension to be called Lightning, Sunbird will gain the ability to interoperate with TB

It would be very cool if Sunbird could automatically poll and set up Birthday events from personal data in the TB address book

This would probably require an extra field in address book as TB 1.0's address book doesn't have a field for Date of Birth, though.

Any thoughts or suggestions? can this already be done with extensions?
Rod Whiteley

Re: Sunbird & Thunderbird (lightning) - Can SB read date

Post by Rod Whiteley »

CdBee wrote:I understand that in a future TB extension to be called Lightning, Sunbird will gain the ability to interoperate with TB
That is wrong. Lightning and Sunbird are separate projects. Lightning will work inside Thunderbird. Sunbird is separate from Thunderbird. But a future version of Sunbird might be able to use Thunderbird's address book, just like Lightning.

CdBee wrote:It would be very cool if Sunbird could automatically poll and set up Birthday events from personal data in the TB address book
An extension could easily do this in Calendar, but it would be much more difficult in current versions of Sunbird. I have never heard of an extension that does it.
Rod