Synchronize calendars

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
smiling.cobra

Synchronize calendars

Post by smiling.cobra »

I have Calendar, both in Thunderbird and Firefox. Can I synchronize the two and how do I do that?
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

If they are on the same computer, you don't need to synchronize them. Edit one calendar and copy its Local File Location. In the other, create a new calendar and paste the same Local File Location. Now both programs are using exactly the same file.

Be careful not to change the calendar with both programs. You might lose data.
Rod
smiling.cobra

Post by smiling.cobra »

Thank you, Rod, for your help. It seems to work fine for 'events' but my 'tasks' have disappeared. Is there a solution for that too?
Reinhold.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

I think I have seen other reports of that happening, so I assume it is a bug. Perhaps you will see the tasks if you deselect the calendar, then select it again.
Rod
smiling.cobra

Post by smiling.cobra »

Deselecting and selecting the calendar has helped. I can see my tasks now, so I know what to do next. Thanks a lot for the tips, Rod. In your first message you write: be careful not to change the calendar with both programs; you might lose data ... Do yo mean that changes to the calendar always should be made from one and the same program and never from te other? Thanks again.
Reinhold.
faun

Post by faun »

No. But if you use Calendar for TB and FF at the same time, one extension may overwrite the changes you did in the other.
So you have to close the calendar window in one application first before you start editing calendar events in the other application.
smiling.cobra

Post by smiling.cobra »

Thank you, Faun. Everything is clear now and working fine. Mit freundlichem Gruss.
Reinhold