how to edit and change language in calender extensions?

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Marie W

how to edit and change language in calender extensions?

Post by Marie W »

can anyone inform me how to open and edit program files for calender and the extensions for the program. I have my calender in two languages, English and Swedish and I would like to change all to Swedish.
Marie W
S*GIGGLE'S
Devon Rex
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

I do not understand exactly what you want to do.

The language that you see in your calendar comes from three places:

1. Some is from the base product—for example, Firefox. To see Firefox in Swedish, download the Swedish version.

2. Some is from the Calendar extension. To set the language to Swedish, you do not need to download anything. Close the base product. Go to your profile directory for the base product. In the chrome directory, edit the file chrome.rdf . Change calendar.jar!/locale/en-US to calendar-sv-SE.jar!/locale/sv-SE .

3. Some is from you. You can type Swedish in events and tasks even if your calendar program is in English.

If this does not help you, please explain your question in more detail.
Rod
Marie W

Post by Marie W »

Hi Rod,
what I want is that all my extensions has the same languages. I have firefox and thunderbird in Swedish but not all words in the list for the calendar is in Swedish. I have finally located the files for the calendar and now!! do I use notpad to make the changes in chrome.rdf??
Marie W
S*GIGGLE'S
Devon Rex
faun

Post by faun »

yes, you can use notepad or any other plaintext-editor.