Left Side mini-month/calendar list missing

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
rlh175

Left Side mini-month/calendar list missing

Post by rlh175 »

I have some how removed the left side mini-month and calendar lists. Even when I go under View -> Calendar and select the two options nothing appears. I have the newest versions of Thunderbird and Lightning.
smsmith

Re: Left Side mini-month/calendar list missing

Post by smsmith »

Make sure that View -> Calendar -> Mini-Month is checked.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

Maybe you collapsed the left pane when resizing it. Try to grab the window border with your mouse and drag it to the right until the pane is restored.
rlh175

Post by rlh175 »

Have tried both of those fixes without any luck. The first suggestion doesn't do anything. The second one only re-sizes the window. I can not find a handle to open the left pane back up.

I was hoping that someone would know of a file that i could remove that holds all of the calendar preferences for Thunderbird/Lightning and then it would reset itself.
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

You can reset the user interface and toolbars to default by starting Thunderbird in Safe Mode and choosing the corresponding option in the startup dialog. Or remove the file localstore.rdf in your Thunderbird profile folder.
rlh175

Post by rlh175 »

Thank you! that worked great!
yosemiteg

Post by yosemiteg »

Hi,
I'm having the same problem as in this topic, but I have a Mac and am not a programmer. I tried deleting my localstore.rdf file in the profile folder and it didn't help. I don't think I have a safe mode on the mac. Someone please help. I've spent hours looking for a solution and it's driving me crazy.
yosemiteg

Post by yosemiteg »

OMG! After literally hours trying to find a fix for this, I tried a couple of things related to this post just minutes after posting my question and it fixed it!

Here's what I did:
I closed the calendar tab that was open in Thunderbird before I closed the TB application. Then I closed TB and deleted the "my localstore.rdf" in the profile folder. When I reopened TB and opened a new calendar tab, my mini-calendar and calendar list were there. Yea. I hope this helps someone. =D>
Vasek2

Post by Vasek2 »

Dear yosemiteg.

I have the same problem. However, in my profile (hope you refer to profiles in System preferences in Mac) I do not have any file. So, where could I find localstore.rdf?
I even tried to re-install lightning but after new install it happened again, I do not have left mini calendar.
And other question, could I have there more calendars of upcoming month and previous one?
Thanks.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Vasek2 wrote:I even tried to re-install lightning but after new install it happened again, I do not have left mini calendar.
Thanks.

Do you have the calendar list pane?

If you do, then go to View > Calendar, and make sure the Mini-Month check box is checked.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Vasek2

Post by Vasek2 »

Oh yes, I marked in View/Calendar mini-month option but nothing happened. left side bar with month is still missing. ](*,)
Thanks for help.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Perhaps it has just been collapsed and out of sight. Place your cursor near the left edge and move slowly to the left until the cursor changes to whatever your system uses as a resizing cursor. Now click and drag to the right.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
thedribbler

Post by thedribbler »

I found a solution - on a macbook, open thunderbird to FULLSCREEN, once this is done, mouse to the left side, you will be able to expand your calendar list.
Last edited by thedribbler on April 30th, 2013, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vasek2

Post by Vasek2 »

thedribbler wrote:I found a solution - on a macbook, open the thunderbird to FULLSCREEN, once this is done mouse to the left side, you will be able to expand your calendar list.

GREAT THIS WORKS!!!! THANK YOU!

AND ANOTHER QUESTION:
is there posibility to put more month (maybe previous one and two upcomings)? some add-on?
Vasek2

Post by Vasek2 »

thedribbler wrote:I found a solution - on a macbook, open the thunderbird to FULLSCREEN, once this is done mouse to the left side, you will be able to expand your calendar list.

I played and tried, but it helped to change it to full screen!