Thunderbird lightning won't show any reminder!

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
amraei

Thunderbird lightning won't show any reminder!

Post by amraei »

I have searchedm but no chance.

I'm using lightning on Ubuntu and the reminder is not working. It won't show any alert messsage, a popup, a notification and even won't play any sound to reminde me about the event I have made. I thought maybe taht's because I have made the event private, so I changed it to public, but still nothing.

I click on "New event", then set an event at 10:10 while my current PC time is 10:00, next, set the reminder at "5 minutes before". I just sit and look at my monitor to see an alert, but the time passes and I see nothing.

Should I do something else?
ssitter

Re: Thunderbird lightning won't show any reminder!

Post by ssitter »

You could check in the reminder settings in Thunderbird preference dialog, i.e. if an dialog should be displayed or not. And You could check if displaying of reminders is enabled or disabled in the calendars properties dialog. If an reminder is set on the event there should be a corresponding icon displayed in the calendar view for this event. Do you see this icon?
amraei

Post by amraei »

ssitter wrote:You could check in the reminder settings in Thunderbird preference dialog, i.e. if an dialog should be displayed or not. And You could check if displaying of reminders is enabled or disabled in the calendars properties dialog. If an reminder is set on the event there should be a corresponding icon displayed in the calendar view for this event. Do you see this icon?

I go to Edit > Prefrences > Reminder (Tab), both options "show reminder dialog" & "show missed reminders" are checked. Also in Reminder Defaults section, "default reminder setting for events and tasks" are set to "On". Again in Calaendar Properties, "Show reminders" option is checked. I also see the icon on calendar.

Nevertheless, I won't see any alert yet!!
ton85

Post by ton85 »

I'm experiencing a similar issue, where reminders won't come back after Thunderbird has been closed.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

ton85, you've replied to a thread that died 3-1/2 years ago when different versions of the software was in use. Please start a new topic and provide more information: What version of Thunderbird? What security software is running on the computer? Are you seeing any other issues with Thunderbird "remembering" selected settings?

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.