Where are my calendar entries???

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Dantzr

Where are my calendar entries???

Post by Dantzr »

Hello...

Still trying to get used to the new Thunderbird 38.1.0 with the integrated Lightning. As with any major move on your part... it takes a while to get the old stuff out of the mind and getting the new stuff back in. I am disappointed this time though. Thunderbird came out splendidly... and so did Lightning There are differences to each but the biggest difference that I can see is.... my new Lightning has none of the entries I have been adding to it over the last 5 to 10 years. Kaput! Zilch!

Somebody tell me that they have not been overwritten and are sitting somewhere on my hard-drive! Tell me that all of the events I have kept track of are NOT gone!

If they are on my hard-drive... where can I find them and how do I enter them into the new Lightning?

Thank you for any help! I am chagrined and hope I will not be for long!!

Mike Morris
Diane Vigil

Re: Where are my calendar entries???

Post by Diane Vigil »

Is Lightning displaying any calendars? Just perhaps not your old calendars?
Dantzr

Post by Dantzr »

Just the "Home" calendar which is what is the calendar in my old calendar.

It still astounds me that if the old calendars were going to go missing...why were we not advised of this before the update happened? At least it would have given us a chance to have saved it and reinstalled the calendars after the update.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

So you only had one calendar "Home", and it is missing entries from 5 - 10 years ago?

Or like me you have more than one, and those are missing entries?

My Calendars are Home, Bills, Entertainment, Health Care and Sports.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Dantzr

Post by Dantzr »

WLS... I feel for you. From the names of your calendars, I can see that you too utilized them on a more than regular basis.

I too had other calendars that I have created and maintained over the years... work related primarily... but those are pretty much replaceable. My "home folder" I started back before Firefox, when I was using Netscape Communicator and I transferred it to Firefox when it became available. It had everything in it and I used it constantly.