Lightning 4.03.1 calendar view tab bug

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
webmoebius

Lightning 4.03.1 calendar view tab bug

Post by webmoebius »

I recently installed Lightning 4.03.1 add-on into Seamonkey 2.35. In the calendar view of this add-on, there are 4 sub-tabs which sets the view mode of the calendar, namely, by DAY, WEEK, MULTIWEEK and MONTH. I noticed that while everything works normally when using the mouse to click on each of these 4 tabs to switch views, there appears to be a bug when one of these four tabs are first selected by mouse and the tab is highlighted, and then the keyboard LEFT/RIGHT cursor keys are used to flip through the tabs. Although when using the left / right cursor keys the tabs do highlight, the view does NOT actually switch to the correct mode and stays the same, when in fact it should, if the behaviour of the calendar follows standard Windows behaviour conventions. I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem or can also duplicate this bug.

Secondly, as with earlier versions of Calendar before it was called LIghtning, the calendar data is stored in the file LOCAL.SQLITE in a sub-folder called CALENDAR-DATA under the currently in-use Seamonkey profile folder. Does anyone know of any about:config parameters available for LIghtning to reconfigure the calendar data to be stored at a file path that the user specifies?

Thirdly, I noticed one irritant when the Lightning add-on is enabled. If the Seamonkey mail client is first opened with the CALENDAR tab unopened, and also the mail client uses the classic 3-pane layout (with left pane as folder pane, top right pane as e-mail header pane and bottom right pane as e-mail body pane), and also if initially the folder pane highlight is on a MAIL ACCOUNT'S TITLE (one line above INBOX), then if these conditions are all true and then the Calendar tab is then opened, after I flip back to the mail tab and select any of the folders, the 3-pane mail client will turn into a 2-pane layout with the SEPARATION BAR between the top right pane (mail header pane) and the bottom right pane (mail body pane) moved all the way down to the bottom (hence the user will only see mail headers and no mail bodies), and I have to click on the separation bar at the bottom of the mail client window to pop it back up to restore the 3-pane layout. This has been the case since early versions of Calendar and it would be a lot more user friendly for Lightning not to disturb the mail tab multi-pane layout configuration when LIghtning first starts. This problem happens only if the mail window folder pane highlight is on a mail account TITLE at the time Lightning's calendar tab is opened. But this is still very irritating as the user has to keep reverting the 2-pane mail window back to a 3-pane configuration due to LIghtning somehow messing up the mail panes for some reason when it open up the calendar tab for the first time.

I also noticed a tool bar button called APP-MENU in the Calendar tab. But it appears to do nothing when I clicked it.