I Screwed Up My Database - Desperate!

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
gswetsky

I Screwed Up My Database - Desperate!

Post by gswetsky »

I noticed daylight savings time was set to the wrong date, so I corrected the date to November First. That had no effect on the calendar. Then I noticed the recurring year said 1543 (or something like that) to 1543. I changed it to 1543 to 2343 and from then on it was bye-bye Lightning. I had apparently started a script that is doing heaven knows what and every day on my calendar says Daylight Savings Time. All my appointments have disappeared!

I've removed Lightning, rebooted the PC and reinstalled Lightning - no help. I'm pretty knowledgeable with computers, but obviously pretty stupid too.

I've looked at \users\Me\app data\roaming\thunderbird\profiles\xxxxxxxdefault\extensions\xxxxxxxxxxx\calendar.js and don't want to start messing with anything without your expert help. Please help - I'm lost. Is there any way I can merely remove Daylight Savings Time from the database without losing all my appointments?

Gerry
DanRaisch

Re: I Screwed Up My Database - Desperate!

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Calendar forum.
gswetsky

Post by gswetsky »

Well, 636 views and zero help. :( Fortunately, I've discovered where the database is located and found a converter program for SQLite files.

After using Lightning for a number of years with very few problems, I now discover that if I do need help, none is available. I will soon be using Google Calendar which seems to have at least SOME support.

Gerry
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

Have you tried the obvious solutions? For example edit the event and revert your changes? Or restore a backup of your calendar from your Thunderbird profile backup?