How do I get a popup listing multiple events on startup?

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
tanstaafl

How do I get a popup listing multiple events on startup?

Post by tanstaafl »

I have reluctantly switched from ReminderFox to Lightning, importing my old .ics file. ReminderFox would display a popup listing current and upcoming events during Thunderbirds startup that would disappear after a couple of seconds. I found that extremely useful. How can I do that with Lightning?

I don't want to rely upon having a Events window open on the right side as I have better use for that screen real estate. I don't want to use "default time a reminder is set before an event" as its set in minutes and I like getting a quick overview of all upcoming events days beforehand.
WaltS48

Re: How do I get a popup listing multiple events on startup?

Post by WaltS48 »

Use the Calendar tab and the Find Events feature, where you can show "All Events", "Today's Events", "Events in the Next 7 Day's" and more. :?: :?:

You can also create Events and set Reminders for a day or two, a week before, or a Custom setting from the Event creation window.

I use the Today Pane.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

That saves screen real estate, but would require me to remember to take a look at it (I read all of my mail using the message preview pane). The nice feature about the ReminderFox popup was that I never had to do anything to see that information.
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

To get Today Pane like functionality in a popup I assume you will have to create an extension that adds this feature.

You could setup the Today Pane as you like and then use the F11 keyboard shortcut to quickly show it and hide it after reading.
Or go to Options > Calendar and set a default reminder like "2 days before" instead of "15 minutes before".