Need Help with Exchange Calendar

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
gw1500se

Need Help with Exchange Calendar

Post by gw1500se »

I have TB (31.5.0) running on RHEL 6.6 with Lightening (3.3.3) and Exchange 2007/2010 Calendar and Tasks Provider (1.8.5). I set up my EWS properties, then click "check server and mailbox." At that point nothing happens. At the very least I expect to get a prompt for my password. I have turned on lightening logging but I get nothing. I expect that lightening is not involved at this particular time but I don't know how to debug the EWS setup or tell what EWS is doing at this point. I suspect it is doing nothing since the save button does not seem to work either. Can someone help me troubleshoot this? TIA.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
ssitter

Re: Need Help with Exchange Calendar

Post by ssitter »

Hi, have you tested with current Thunderbird 38 and Lightning 4.0 release? Maybe there was a problem that was already solved. The Exchange Provider extension is now maintained at https://github.com/Ericsson/exchangecalendar and the current release is v3.5.0.
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

Unfortunately TB 31.5 is all that I can get from the RHEL repository.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

Maybe try a Thunderbird build from https://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/all/?
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

Violates company policy. I'm stuck if I want to keep using Linux.
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

I found some error messages that might help trouble shoot this:

Error: [Exception... "[JavaScript Error: "this.view.selection is null" {file: "chrome://global/content/bindings/tree.xml" line: 73}]'[JavaScript Error: "this.view.selection is null" {file: "chrome://global/content/bindings/tree.xml" line: 73}]' when calling method: [calIOperationListener::onOperationComplete]" nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)" location: "JS frame :: resource://calendar/modules/calProviderUtils.jsm :: cPB_notifyPureOperationComplete :: line 656" data: yes]
Error: [Exception... "[JavaScript Error: "this.view.selection is null" {file: "chrome://global/content/bindings/tree.xml" line: 73}]'[JavaScript Error: "this.view.selection is null" {file: "chrome://global/content/bindings/tree.xml" line: 73}]' when calling method: [calIOperationListener::onOperationComplete]" nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)" location: "JS frame :: resource://calendar/modules/calProviderUtils.jsm :: cPB_notifyPureOperationComplete :: line 656" data: yes]

Any ideas? TIA.