Calendar events won't appear re: Lightning

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
accordeoniste

Calendar events won't appear re: Lightning

Post by accordeoniste »

I tried to enable viewing of Lightning events after having to reinstall Windows. I copied my calendar-data folder and storage.sdb file to a folder in Profiles/*.default where I copied my address book files. It reactivated my address book, but not my calendar events. They remain invisible. Can anyone help?
LIMPET235

Re: Calendar events won't appear re: Lightning

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to the Calendar forum...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
accordeoniste

Post by accordeoniste »

Does anyone know how to fix this? If not, do you know how I can contact the Lightning Developer? I'd pay him to help me fix this.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Restore your backed up profile.

I have backups of my profile, and export each calendar once a week to a .ics file, which I use when I create a new profile for testing purposes.

Exporting and sharing a calendar | Thunderbird Help
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

What version of Thunderbird and what version of Lightning do you use? storage.sdb file has not been used by Lightning for many years.

According to your description you copied only the calendar data. But you need to copy calendar preferences and calendar settings as well because they contain the information on how to read and visualize the calendar data. You can find them in the old profile in file prefs.js. You need to copy the preferences starting with "calendar".

Any particular reason why you did not just backup and restore the entire Thunderbird profile folder? This ensures that you keep all settings, data, extensions, etc.