Seeing Google Calendar "Sub" Calendars

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
prjaz

Seeing Google Calendar "Sub" Calendars

Post by prjaz »

I installed Lightning and Provider and have successfully brought in my Google calendar into Thunderbird. I can see the main calendar, birthdays, and national holidays. However, if I enable any of the "specialty" calendars in the Google calendar (from a browser side invocation of calendar.Google.com), such as phases of the moon for example, these "specialty" calendars do not show up in the calendar selection in Thunderbird (on my Thunderbird, those selections are on the left side of the calendar view, with calendar name and check boxes to enable/view them or not).

Is this a limitation of Thunderbird, or is there something I need to do on the Google calendar side to make it so that Thunderbird can see these? I can get the direct link to a specialty calendar, but don't see a way to convey that info to Thunderbird anymore (since it now only takes an email address and not a URL).

Thanks.
ssitter

Re: Seeing Google Calendar "Sub" Calendars

Post by ssitter »

It might be possible that Google Calendar announces only the calendars that belong to your account and therefore you can only subscribe to them using the Provider for Google Calendar extension. To get read-only access to other calendars you could just subscribe to the ics/ical address provided by Google.
prjaz

Re: Seeing Google Calendar "Sub" Calendars

Post by prjaz »

Yes. I was wondering about that. I will look into that as well. Thanks.