Accepting appointment to google cal not sending confirmation

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Kukulkano

Accepting appointment to google cal not sending confirmation

Post by Kukulkano »

I configured a calendar to sync with google using the Thunderbird Standard functionality for CalDAV. It synchronizes perfectly.

Now I assigned it a local e-mail account to send appointment confirmation.

Sadly, if I accept any appointment to this calendar, Thunderbird does not send a confirmation e-mail even if the chosen e-mail account is working perfectly for a local calendar. It does not even ask to send (like for the local). I believe this is a bug which is not solved for a few years as I googled a few forum threads in several places complaining about this.

I already added my comment to the related bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1218820 But nothing happens :-(

What is the problem to send such confirmation even for a synchronized calendar (like CalDAV)? Is there an AddIn that allows me sending such confirmation? Even for an existing appointment? Since using Google to sync, I can not accept any appointment without having problems later as people do not know if I'm assigned. I tried several other sync options (Funambol etc.) but the google calendar is the only that works good enough. Not TB fails on sending confirmation...

Kukulkan
DanRaisch

Re: Accepting appointment to google cal not sending confirma

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Calendar forum.