Event reminders not persistent enough

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
CityZ

Event reminders not persistent enough

Post by CityZ »

I've been using Lightning for a while now, but sometimes I have a problem with event reminders:

When I get the 5-minute reminder, I might ignore it and continue working. However, if I do this,
then I won't get another reminder when the event actually happens. I can miss the event.
I'd prefer if Lightning treated an ignored reminder as one that were snoozed when it came up.
(In other words, I need for it to ring again when the event happens!)

If I close the reminder, then I'll get another one, as desired. Although even in this case, the
behavior isn't the best: If I wait for 2 minutes before closing the reminder, this will be treated
as a 5-minute snooze, and I'll be 2 minutes late for the event. What I'd like is for an option to
always have reminders go off at the event time itself, unless I've dismissed the reminder.

Sometimes, I accidentally "dismiss" the reminder instead of closing (snoozing) it. In such cases,
I wish there were an "undismiss" option. Or perhaps a quick way to set an instant timer reminder.

Are there any add-ons that might help prevent me from being late or missing more events?
Thanks for any suggestions!
Diane Vigil

Re: Event reminders not persistent enough

Post by Diane Vigil »

You could always open the event and reset the reminder time.
ssitter

Re: Event reminders not persistent enough

Post by ssitter »

Or you could set multiple reminders for the event, e.g. 1st reminder 15 minutes before and the 2nd reminder 0 minutes before the events starts.