Sync Thunderbird Calendars with Androids

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
ivath0

Sync Thunderbird Calendars with Androids

Post by ivath0 »

I've recently switched from MS Outlook to Thunderbird and am so impressed. However, whereas the syncing of my calendars across all my devices was easy, via Outlook.com, I have struggled for days now trying to achieve the same sync function with Thunderbird.

I read that MS OneDrive will work as a WebDav server but having mapped a drive to OneDrive, publishing any of my Thunderbird calendars results in the following error message: Publishing the calendar file failed. Status code: 404: Not Found

OneDrive would be the ideal host for my calendars and contacts, since I use it to store all other files but if it won't function as a WebDav server, what alternatives do I have? Other than Google!
DanRaisch

Re: Sync Thunderbird Calendars with Androids

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Calendar forum.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

The SoGo Connector add-on supports GroupDAV , CardDAV and WebDAV but its unclear whether it will work with OneDrive. You could use Fruux to store your contacts and calendars if you installed the Lightning and the SoGo Connector add-ons. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Sharing_address_books for some other ideas.
pete of ebor

Post by pete of ebor »

Another possibility might be to use Google Calendar, assuming you don't have 'issues' with Google - as many people seem to !
You could set up a google calendar then sync Thunderbird with it using the "provider for google Calendar add-on", and there are Android apps available to sync google calendar to Android.
ivath0

Post by ivath0 »

I relented and started using Provider for Google Calendars but now I have a problem when this add on is enabled that causes TB to 'Not Respond'

I have posted that problem separately in the TB Forum.