change calendar for events

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
stephaned

change calendar for events

Post by stephaned »

Hi

I'd like to change some parameters like the calendar for differents events in one time, but not in opening each event.
i select X events, i do 'Modify', but only the first event is modified. I'd like to toggle easely from one calendar to another
i don't find how to do that?
is it possible?

thx
stephane
mgagnonlv

Re: change calendar for events

Post by mgagnonlv »

I am not aware of any "trick" that allows to do that in Thunderbird... or, for that matter in any other calendar application.
Google Calendar, for instance, allows you to change the *colour* (i.e. the tag) of an event with a right-click, but not the calendar is is based into.

If you have a huge number of events to move from one calendar to another, the only trick I see is to use the Export function.

– Select the Calendar from which you want to move events.
– Right-click and select Export. It will export into an .ics or .csv file that you save on your desktop.
– The file is a text-only file; it is a bit tricky, but you can edit it if you want to remove some events.
– To import, go in "Events and Tasks –> Import", then import the file you made 2 seconds ago into the other agenda.

I admit it is not a very elegant solution. Here are a couple of tips.

I think the .ics file is a bit more foul-proof, especially if you are dealing with multiple locations and time zones. The .csv file is a bit easier to manipulate as you can open it with LibreOffice Calc (or Excel) and see your calendar as a spreadsheet with one event per line. Editing the file becomes a simple task of deleting lines.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)
stephaned

Re: change calendar for events

Post by stephaned »

thx for your answer... it was what i think... not possible :(