Some Meeting Invitations Don't Show Up

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
jhilgeman

Some Meeting Invitations Don't Show Up

Post by jhilgeman »

I've recently moved from Outlook over to Thunderbird / Lightning to try to see if it can work as a replacement, and I'm running into a problem with meeting invitations.

Any meeting invitations sent from another person in my company will NOT show up in the normal list of emails so I can accept/decline/etc. Instead, those meeting invitations seem to get "auto-processed" by the calendaring system without any notification. The only way I know if I've received a meeting invitation is to keep looking at the number next to the "Invitations" link in the status bar at the bottom:

If I load up Outlook, I can see that internal meeting invitation sitting in my inbox.

This makes it extremely difficult to deal with last-minute meeting invitations - I end up getting a message from someone saying, "Aren't you joining the call?" and I feel confused for a moment and then I click on that Invitations link and I see that at some point (who knows when - there's no indicator), someone sent me a meeting invitation that I never saw.

Meanwhile, meeting invitations from anyone OUTSIDE my company come into my inbox and give me the options to accept, decline, etc...
http://snag.gy/DNG8W.jpg

Does anyone know why the calendar in Thunderbird/Lightning works one way for meeting invites from internal sources, and a completely different way for meeting invites from external sources? And is there any way to just make it work the same for both (preferably so I can see the invitations in my inbox) ?
Last edited by James on April 8th, 2016, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bottom image was too wide for img tags at 1,530px