TB and multiple calendars

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
required_alias

TB and multiple calendars

Post by required_alias »

I've searched here and Google for a couple of days but can't find the answer.
I've installed Lightning in TB and added a calendar on a 2nd tab. I want to add a 2nd calendar on a 3rd tab. Is that possible? If so, where can I find the instructions?
DanRaisch

Re: TB and multiple calendars

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Calendar forum.
mgagnonlv

Re: TB and multiple calendars

Post by mgagnonlv »

I don't think so. You can have two or more calendars (I use 10), but they are all displayed on the same page. The concept is that you put calendar 1 in green, calendar 2 in yellow, calendar 3 in purple, etc. and you either display a single one or all of them at the same time so you see your entire schedule, no matter how complex it is.

There is one round-about way that MIGHT work. I must warn that I haven't tried it.

– Define a second profile for Thunderbird and configure Thunderbird to run multiple profiles at the same time.
See this page: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/us ... e-profiles
and this page: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Run_multiple_ ... _same_time

– Use Lightning for both profiles. Configure Calendar 1 in the first profile and Calendar 2 in the second profile. Or if you want more, you could have Calendars 1 and 11, 12, 13 in the first profile, and Calendars 2, 3, 4, 5 in the second profile, etc.

Since both profiles would run in two different windows – and at the same time if you wish – you could then view both calendars (or both sets of calendars) side by side.

One further tip: if you load online calendars (ex.: your office's, Google), you could even load all your calendars on both profiles. As long as you don't update both profiles at the same time, it should work OK.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)