Can no longer copy and paste events or drag to create

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
TheSa|nt

Can no longer copy and paste events or drag to create

Post by TheSa|nt »

This is in regards to Lightning....

Ever since a recent update in the last week or two, I haven't been able to do the following:

1) Copy a calendar event and paste it to another day. Nothing happens when I select to copy an event. It's as though it's not copying more so than it not pasting.
2) I used to be able to click somewhere in the day's timeline and drag to create an event beginning from the point I initiated the drag and ending where I let go. Now, nothing happens when I click and drag around the calendar.

The error console doesn't show a single thing in regards to it. I'm a bit lost :(
WaltS48

Re: Can no longer copy and paste events or drag to create

Post by WaltS48 »

Recent update of Windows? Not sure if there have been any for Lightning and Thunderbird 45.3.0 was released on Aug. 30th.

Using Thunderbird 45.3.0 with Lightning 4.7.3 on Windows 10.

1) Never tried this before, but I was able to copy a test event and paste it into another day. I could also drag and drop, or cut and paste.
2) I can do that.

Try disabling any other calendar related extensions, and try again.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt »

It was an update to Thunderbird. Might have been a delayed one since I might have waited awhile before restarting Thunderbird (PC runs 24/7).

Try clicking somewhere in the calendar where there isn't an event already and then dragging downwards to create a new event based on your selection.

Dragging and expanding events already made works just fine for me. It's just what I just mentioned and copy/paste that no longer works. All extensions are already disabled.
TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt »

I figured it out. I have two calendars.one blue, one green. The green one (my main calendar) is second in the list and checked, where the first one isn't checked (not used). With the latest update, the blue one was highlighted in the list to the left instead of the right. I didn't think anything of this as double clicking anywhere to create an event did indeed assign it the main calendar as it should. I clicked on the second one, and then dragged to create a new event and it started working. So did copy and paste. Wierd. So either that wasn't required in the past, or one of the latest updates to Thunderbird caused it to highlight the other calendar. Whatever the reason, I now know what caused it.