MozillaZine

can thunderbird do these? (Linux)

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
thunderbirdhard

Post Posted January 25th, 2017, 1:27 am

if not it's ok, just have to know, looking everywhere

bare minimal needs -- if im using for 'dated/timed items'

at a specific, shows me a sound notification on chrome or somewhere on the screen

forever until i turn it off

need to be able to repeat an action every day (a plus for every 1 or 3 hours, etc.)

bare minimal needs -- if im using for 'todos'

has an easy way to place 'rank/importance' on things as i add them

needs to auto-sorts the list by rank/importance -- has to be automatic or what's the point?

only the above matters, everything else is irrelevant
Last edited by DanRaisch on January 25th, 2017, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Linux) added to subject.

DanRaisch

Post Posted January 25th, 2017, 7:16 am

Those are not standard Thunderbird functions. You might look at an extension like ReminderFox to see if that would meet your needs.

tanstaafl

Post Posted January 25th, 2017, 7:19 am

You can use either the Lightning or ReminderFox calendar add-ons to create dated/timed items that have an alarm. Alarms can be configured to be either a popup or a sound. You can configure them to repeat daily. I don't know if Lightning lets you repeat it more often than that (I'm using ReminderFox). I'm used to to-do lists being sorted by date. I don't know if Lightning lets you auto-sort by rank/importance.

http://www.reminderfox.org/documentation/ (ReminderFox documentation)
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/us ... dar-add-on (Lightning Knowledge Base articles, there is no on-line documentation that I'm aware of)

Its also possible to use the Google Calendar in a tab in Thunderbird (rather than with a browser) using the Google calendar tab add-on. There are also add-ons such as Thundertabs that let you open any web app in a tab in Thunderbird.

Moved from the Thunderbird Support forum to the Calendar forum as that is where the Lightning experts are.

Return to Calendar