can't see invites, calendar issue w/52.1.1 (32-bit)

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
terrathunderbird

can't see invites, calendar issue w/52.1.1 (32-bit)

Post by terrathunderbird »

Hey everyone! Thanks for the GREAT forum! I say...seriously, you all netizens who help keep the internet alive! This forum is always so helpful.

Anyway, enough of that...

Hoping you can help me with my problem.

I recently upgraded to 52.1.1 (32-bit).

Suddenly, not sure it's the upgrade. But suddenly, I'm not seeing the calendar "invites" from SOME people. For some, it works fine, but others...no. I checked and both of the people I'm having issues with are using Exchange.

Thanks so much, if you have any clues about what to do! I looked for a "Lightening" (calendar add-on) update, and not sure if I found one or not. But I did load something that looked like an update from the Mozilla page. But it didn't fix anything.

T
DanRaisch

Re: can't see invites, calendar issue w/52.1.1 (32-bit)

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Calendar forum.
terrathunderbird

Thanks, Dan...I didn't realize there was/is a Calendar Forum.

I looked at the other replies and noticed a similar problem, which suggested reinstalling a more up to date add on for Lightening. So I tried this myself. But it didn't work for the following reason.

Per the comment in the other post I went to look for the latest Lightning Add On:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... lightning/

The download button had these instructions:

How to Install in Thunderbird

Download and save the file to your hard disk.
In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
From the options button next to the add-on search field, select "Install Add-on From File..." and locate the downloaded add-on.

BUT in "my version" of Tbird, I don't see a "button next to the add-on search field" that says "Install Add-on From File".

Here is a screen shot of the "Add-on" page that I found from the Tools menu:

shoot... I have a screen shot but can't remember how to insert one in this post. There's no button to insert an image. Alas...
terrathunderbird

OK, the "gear" is in the EXTENSIONS page, NOT the add-on page. Or rather when I choose "add-ons" under the "tools" button in T-bird, the page comes up, without the "gear" to reinstall from a file. BUT if I go one button DOWN on the add-ons page, there's an "Extensions" button, where I can add on from a file.

This I did. And I believe I"ve updated Lightening.

BUT I still do not see any of the "invites" from others. They come in as emails, and I see the recipients, but none of the invite-info...not the data for the invite, etc...

Is there a way to go back to the old T-bird that where I can see the calendar invites?
terrathunderbird

can I go back a T-bird version (currently in 52.1.1)

My Lightning isn't working (http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3030608), and I'm wondering if I can go back a T-bird version to when it did work... I believe I've updated Lightening, but this didn't solve the invisible invites. I can't tell for sure if I actually "did" update Lightning, but I downloaded a "current version" file and through the Extensions/Add-on button, I believe I reinstalled. And restarted, but the same problem exists with the invites that had been sent.

And so...I'm wondering... does anyone know if I can go back to my old version? how to find out what version that was? I really like how Lightning allowed me to see people's invites... before. And would like to get that back again.
terrathunderbird

Can you point me to Lightning version 5.4.1.1?

Hi folks... can you point me to Lightening version 5.4.1.1?

I get to here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... r_Versions

But there's no link on the 5.4.1.1... so wondering where to actually find the versions...

T
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I've merged your separate topics on the same subject into your original thread. Posting the same issue in multiple topics is only asking for confusion.
terrathunderbird

Thanks, Dan... I think I'm the one that's confusing myself, and hoping for guidance.

First off, I was confused about posting in the Calendar Forum vs the "regular TB support forum". The Calendar Forum appears to be in the "Other Mozilla Discussion" section, which I didn't realize would be where the Thunderbird questions would go. Please excuse that mistake. I'll keep all calendar issues in this forum.

But if I'd like to go BACK to an older version of TB, where do I post that?

I've sort of given up trying to fix the calendaring issue in 52.1.1, and since I can't seem to get answers on that, I'm wondering if going back a version would be easier/faster.

Or maybe you have faith that the calendering issue I'm having might be just a bug that's soon to be fixed? or that maybe I should just give the Calendar Forum a few days? I'd appreciate a little guidance on this, because I'm unclear about the forum etiquette. And in the past the forum has been so responsive that waiting days for a response seems like either I did something "wrong", or that my issue is so "small" that it's not going to get any help anytime soon...? Sorry if this message/request is too weird... I'm really just clueless how the forum operates. I remember that's it's been super helpful in the past, but I haven't come on in the past year, or more, so wondering if I'm just being a doofus, or...?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Not a problem. The Calendar forum is used for all things relating to Lightning because it was, until very recently, just another extension and not included in the basic set up of a new Thunderbird installation.

You can get an older version of Thunderbird here -- https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunder ... ases/52.0/
terrathunderbird

Re: can't see invites, calendar issue w/52.1.1 - SOLVED/reve

I had a problem with Lightening in TB 52.1.1 (couldn't see the invite info) and went back to 52.0. Dan helped me locate the old version: https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunder ... ases/52.0/

I went to the link, clicked on the 32 version for my Windows 32 machine.

Then choose the eng-US version, saved it to my disk.

Found it on my disk, clicked on it and it installed itself perfectly with my old settings and voila! fixed.

Thanks Dan and the T-bird forum!