Google Tasks

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
boutells

Google Tasks

Post by boutells »

Just bought a new computer and installed Thunderbird. I have the calendar working but none of the Google tasks are synced in the sidebar. After searching, I have found an add on but this seems to be out of date.

How can I get my Google tasks to show in the sidebar.

It was working fine on the old computer but this was an old installation, albeit updated as required.
DanRaisch

Re: Google Tasks

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Calendar forum where those most familiar with that functionality are more likely to see this.
mgagnonlv

Post by mgagnonlv »

If you have installed the "gContactSync" extension, it will access your tasks. But Tasks under Google are a strange beast which I haven't successfully tamed. In fact, I tend to use only appointments rather than tasks.

If you use GContactSync, you need to add the task agenda the following way:
– Create a new agenda –> Google Agenda
– Select your email; if you haven't set any calendars yet, you will have to enter your password at some point.
– Once connected, you'll see a list off all calendars, then a list of all tasks you have on Google. Make sure your task list is selected.

A few notes.

– On Google, Google tasks appear in Gmail, not on Google Calendar. Weird. I also don't remember how I configured the name of my task list in Google Mail.
– Tasks created in Google Mail don't have a set-up time, but only an end date; they also are full-day tasks.
– Tasks only appear on Thunderbird calendar when they have an end date (and time).
– If you also use other servers (like Exchange or Owncloud), you can define start and end times (not just dates). But a task won't appear on the calendar unless it has and end date (or it was the case 1 year ago).
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)
boutells

Post by boutells »

Thanks all. Sorted it out. Needed to install the provifer for Google Calendar ansd the tasks now show in the sidebar.