Sunbird - where to get it ?

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
pete of ebor

Sunbird - where to get it ?

Post by pete of ebor »

I know Sunbird development has been discontinued, but I have a rather odd requirement. It is a old PC running Win XP which is not connected to the internet... It is used to operate a piece of machinery, but having a calendar available would be quite useful. I can install from a USB stick. I'd rather not install the full Thunderbird as there is absolutely no requirement for the email element, and as I understand it, Lightning will not function as a standalone, so it seems that Sunbird would be ideal. Does anyone know whether it still available from a "trusted" (ie official Mozilla) source ? I've looked through their site but can't find it.
DanRaisch

Re: Sunbird - where to get it ?

Post by DanRaisch »

James

Post by James »

Sunbird was discontinued with final release back in March, 2010.
dlangton

Post by dlangton »

You can get the latest stable version at https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/calendar/su ... n32/en-US/ . I've been modifying themes and extensions lately to work with Sunbird before it disappears. It's really a gorgeous standalone calendar.
James

Post by James »

dlangton wrote:You can get the latest stable version at ... . I've been modifying themes and extensions lately to work with Sunbird before it disappears. It's really a gorgeous standalone calendar.
Sunbird 1.0b1 is pretty ancient as it came out March 12, 2010, almost eight years ago and has not received any security and bug fixes since. Basically use at your own risk.

https://blog.mozilla.org/calendar/2010/ ... candidate/