New Google Calendar

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
boutells

New Google Calendar

Post by boutells »

I set up a new calendar in Google Calendar. First time I have done this for a number of years. I go to add it to Thunderbird and follow the options through and no calendars appear in the selection box for me to add them to Thunderbird.

Need some help on this.
colehill

Re: New oogle Calendar

Post by colehill »

boutells wrote:I set up a new calendar in Google Calendar. First time I have done this for a number of years. I go to add it to Thunderbird and follow the options through and no calendars appear in the selection box for me to add them to Thunderbird.

Need some help on this.
I am also experiencing this problem. It seems that if you delete all your existing Google calendars and delete the 0auth logon token in the saved passwords area, reboot and then go back to add a calendar - and reapply the Google authentication, then you will get the list - but the next time it will be blank again.
boutells

Re: New Google Calendar

Post by boutells »

That did the trick. I don't know why it is so awkward.
colehill

Post by colehill »

boutells wrote:I set up a new calendar in Google Calendar. First time I have done this for a number of years. I go to add it to Thunderbird and follow the options through and no calendars appear in the selection box for me to add them to Thunderbird.

Need some help on this.
Aha! I have it. After an age spent experimenting with cutting and pasting bits into prefs.js to add the calendars, I find that the issue is fixed in Thunderbird 60.2.1. That is the current non-beta download version, but evidently isn't pushing down to users yet. It does break some other add-ons - but there are v60 compatible versions of some of those. Notably it incorporates Lightning 6.2.2.1 and gives me a list of Google Calendars to subscribe to.

KD

boutells

Post by boutells »

Thanks for that. Thunderbird used to update automatically. Must have stopped as I am on V52. Updating manually now.