[SOLVED] Help needed installing Lightning in T-bird 60.3.2

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
tomdkat

[SOLVED] Help needed installing Lightning in T-bird 60.3.2

Post by tomdkat »

Hi! I just updated a Thunderbird 59.x installation running on Windows 7 (64-bit) to version 60.3.2. Apparently, way back when we installed the "Google Calendar Tab" add-on, so she can access her Google Calendar from within Thunderbird. Since that add-on didn't use Lightning, I must have un-installed Lightning. Now, the "Google Calendar Tab" add-on isn't compatible with Thunderbird 60.3.2 and I can't seem to find a Lightning add-on I can install. So, she's currently without any calendar support in Thunderbird.

How can I get Lightning installed in Thunderbird 60.3.2? She has 6 email accounts setup and has probably 100,000+ email messages spread out over about one hundred folders.

Thanks!

Peace...
Last edited by tomdkat on December 1st, 2018, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morat

Re: Help needed installing Lightning in Thunderbird 60.3.2

Post by morat »

Ed1

Post by Ed1 »

tomdkat, why not just go to addons.thunderbird.net and download the Lightning addon. Save it and then install from file from the gear icon within Thunderbird Addons tab?
tomdkat

Post by tomdkat »

Ed1 wrote:tomdkat, why not just go to addons.thunderbird.net and download the Lightning addon. Save it and then install from file from the gear icon within Thunderbird Addons tab?
Thanks for the message. I actually did that and found the extension there is compatible with Thunderbird up to version 58.x or 59.x. So, the file I downloaded refused to install in Thunderbird.

Peace...
tomdkat

Post by tomdkat »

Thanks! I saw the first article and skimmed it a few times. *This* time, I read the part about removing Lightning such that it gets restored. Following those steps worked. I'm now back in business. :)

Peace...