New Calendar Notification Design is Unaccepta

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Mike-97470

New Calendar Notification Design is Unaccepta

Post by Mike-97470 »

Posted on Mozilla Support 3/14/19, My Thunderbird is now 60.6.1, Lightning is now 6.2.6.1
The problem I describe continues: displaying a "Dismiss All" calendar notification just doesn't cut it! This change should never have been implemented, "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Here's my post of 3/14:
"60.5.3 - 32bit Thunderbird has recently made a significant change to the Calendar notification scheme. At least from where I sit:

The old notifications popped up, one or many were visible, and each or all could be delayed or deleted. Great design!

The new notification scheme results in a small popup that merely says "Delete All". If you've seen that you know the rest, and I'm not going to waste my time describing. This is the worst design blunder I've seen in a calendar since Outlook '97 that highlighted the current date for only ~100ms. This is actually worse, much worse."
WaltS48

Re: New Calendar Notification Design is Unaccepta

Post by WaltS48 »

Have you tried resizing the popup? Drag the lower right corner.

Mine shows "Snooze For" and "Dismiss" for each individual item as well as the buttons in the dialog box.

Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Mike-97470

Post by Mike-97470 »

Thanks Walt! That fixes it, of course. And the size of the notification pane is remembered.
My complaint was that after one of the latest changes, a month or so ago, my notification panes were at the top left of the display screen. I don't think I mentioned that. And not knowing or noticing the small drag symbol and trying to maximize the notification pane easily results in "Dismiss All" = miss an appointment w/ Boss, get fired, etc. . . . So if that tiny little Upper Left "Dismiss All" rectangle is the default, it should be changed to be a usable size.

In any case thanks Walt for the tip!! Problem solved, and I'm happy!
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Your welcome.

The screenshot I posted is the default size on Linux as far as I know and I'm pretty sure it is the same on my rarely used Windows 10 laptop. No idea how yours got resized smaller.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5