Enduring Calendar glitches and one missing feature

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
eagleseed

Enduring Calendar glitches and one missing feature

Post by eagleseed »

The following 2 glitches have been around for a while, I'm not sure if this is a place for reporting, or just "How to" or workarounds. I am using Thunderbird on Window 8.1

1) After making a new event entry in any future week listed on my 4-week calendar, when I minimize and return to the calendar, it advances to that week at the top, even though I leave off at the current date. Since this is unexpected I tend not to notice I am on the wrong week and end up making some big scheduling errors. I try to remember to click "Today" (in upper left of Calendar) which seems to keep the calendar in place, hence that is a workaround, but I'm hoping the glitch will be fixed.

2) When I use the "Snooze for" feature on event reminders, multiple times for 2-or-more-hours snoozes, it will stop working until the next sleep/wake cycle of the computer. Hence an event's alarm for later that day will not sound based on the snooze time, and alas, an event missed.

3) While all other modern calendars have 3 options for ending a repeating event: (1) this event, (2) all events, and (3) all following, Thunderbird continues to offer only 2: (1) edit this occurrence, (2) edit all occurrences. As a result, when one wants to change the time an ongoing repeating event, you must go back into the event set-up and end it, then create a new one for the changed time. Why has this feature never been adopt consistent with the long-standing, easier, current standard?

4) An intermittent/inconsistent glitch: Periodically the new message notification (windows notifications in the task bar) gets stuck after opening new message, and can only be removed by checking mail again.