Day View setting

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
tinglis

Day View setting

Post by tinglis »

I am using Thunderbird 68.0 and the Lightning calendar (presumably the latest version since I reinstalled it) with Windows 10 and have a minor annoyance. I currently have my Day view set to start at 7.00 and end at 23.00 with all 16 hours displayed. However, if I close down Thunderbird, when I reopen it, the day view now reverts to running from 00.00 to 16.00. I can reset it manually but it is, as I said, a nuisance. This does not happen if I switch to another tab or another app. It seems to have started either since v.68.0 was installed or since the Tweak Lightning add-on that I was using became unusable.This is the only setting that misbehaves.
WaltS48

Re: Day View setting

Post by WaltS48 »

That's bug 1571552 which I still haven't been able to reproduce in Thunderbird on Windows or Linux.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
tinglis

Post by tinglis »

I forgot to say that the change in day view also does not occur when Thunderbird is minimised to the toolbar.
tinglis

Post by tinglis »

Further to posts above, I have Linux Mint Cinnamon running from an external HD on the same computer. I do not usually use it for email but I have installed Thunderbird and Lightning there and, on a quick check, have found no errant behaviour in the day view setting even when I close and reopen TB.
tinglis

Post by tinglis »

I regret to say that, since shutting down my PC and installing twice the RAM that I had previously, the patient has deteriorated. Now, I only have to switch tabs for the dav view setting to revert to midnight start. I have decided to make my day view last from midnight to midnight and now all events stay visible (if rather small if they are for an hour or less).
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

tinglis wrote:I regret to say that, since shutting down my PC and installing twice the RAM that I had previously, the patient has deteriorated. Now, I only have to switch tabs for the dav view setting to revert to midnight start. I have decided to make my day view last from midnight to midnight and now all events stay visible (if rather small if they are for an hour or less).
Nice work around. =D>

Are you following the bug report?
hardys

Post by hardys »

I have the same problem with Lightning in Thunderbird 68 on Win 10x64. The day always starts on midnight regardless of the settings. When I scroll to eg. 08:00 and then switch to the inbox tab and back to the calendar tab it reverts to 00:00

Where can I follow the bug report? Dit not find it on Bugzilla.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

hardys wrote:I have the same problem with Lightning in Thunderbird 68 on Win 10x64. The day always starts on midnight regardless of the settings. When I scroll to eg. 08:00 and then switch to the inbox tab and back to the calendar tab it reverts to 00:00

Where can I follow the bug report? Dit not find it on Bugzilla.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14843320