Help setting up calendar on win 10

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
slickrcbd

Help setting up calendar on win 10

Post by slickrcbd »

I tried to migrate my profile from a Windows 7 computer to a Windows 10 computer.
However, I cannot recall how I configured the calendar feature to work the same way.

On Windows 7, when I click on the "calendar tab" button, I get a calendar that shows all my "events"/tasks that I have programmed into Google Calendar that is synchronized with my phone. I can right-click on the calendar and get a new event, and there are buttons that will scroll to the next and previous month so I can look back, especially like now at the end of a month when i want to see the week ahead.

On Windows 10, sometimes the events do not appear on the calendar, only on the list at the top. What appear to be scroll buttons do nothing. Using the mouse wheel will change the month, but that is annoying as sometimes it moves two months accidentally if I move the wheel just a tiny amount more, I have to just barely touch the wheel in the right place to move one month.
Right clicking has "new event" and "new task" dimmed.

How do I configure the Win10 calendar to be like the win7 setup?
Here are some photos:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJHPvD1

In response to somebody saying they don't have permission to view the album, here are the two photos in the album:
photo 1
https://flic.kr/p/2hT8NjK
photo2
https://flic.kr/p/2hTbiCo
Last edited by slickrcbd on December 7th, 2019, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daifne

Re: Help setting up calendar on win 10

Post by Daifne »

Moving to the Calendar Forum
morat

Post by morat »

It appears you don’t have permission to view this album.
Flickr Help Forum 403 need to be signed in to see this
http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/72157688893108995
Last edited by morat on December 8th, 2019, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
slickrcbd

Post by slickrcbd »

morat wrote:
I have no idea, it says everyone can download. I've updated the OP to include links to the two screenshots as well.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

slickrcbd wrote:
morat wrote:
I have no idea, it says everyone can download. I've updated the OP to include links to the two screenshots as well.
I have no idea either.

Both links say "Adult Content You must be signed in to see this content.", with a "Sign In" link.

To get the calendars from the W7 computer to the W10 computer, I would export the calendars from the Calendar tab in W7, then create the new calendar and import the data into the new calendar on the W10 computer.

The Export and Import commands are under Events and Tasks when in the Calendar tab.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
slickrcbd

Post by slickrcbd »

It isn't so much the data which seems to get imported from Google just fine, it is the interface and layout. I want the Windows 10 version to work just like the Windows 7 version.

As for the photos, flickr seems to have altered my defaults and set them to "moderate" instead of "safe". I didn't even look at that since it defaulted to "safe" for the last 15 years and I have never needed to change it before. I'm investigating the album, but having less success figuring out what is wrong with that.
slickrcbd

Post by slickrcbd »

***UPDATE***
I wound up removing "Provider for Google Calendar" and "Lightning", restarting Thunderbird, then re-installing them, restarting again, then reconfiguring them. That seemed to fix the problem.