Lightning Calendar

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
taem

Lightning Calendar

Post by taem »

My main issue is I want Thunderbird to automatically open Lightning Calendar when opening Thunderbird. FAQ says to add this to the target, which I did --->

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe" thunderbird -mail -calendar
However, T.Bird still boots directly to my Inbox instead of loading the Calendar tab. Any ideas how I can get this working? And now, how can I actually register an account on MozillaZine if the security question is busted?
DanRaisch

Re: Lightning Calendar

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Calendar forum.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

taem wrote:My main issue is I want Thunderbird to automatically open Lightning Calendar when opening Thunderbird. FAQ says to add this to the target, which I did --->

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe" thunderbird -mail -calendar
However, T.Bird still boots directly to my Inbox instead of loading the Calendar tab. Any ideas how I can get this working? And now, how can I actually register an account on MozillaZine if the security question is busted?
I have the calendar tab enabled so Thunderbird opens the mail and calendar tabs when started.

If I close Thunderbird with the calendar tab selected, it always reopens to the calendar tab. No command line code needed. It always open to the last tab selected.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/68.3.1

I'll test on Windows later.

Registering an account on mozillaZine has probably been disabled pending its shutdown.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3055133
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

If I close Thunderbird with the calendar tab selected, it always reopens to the calendar tab. No command line code needed. It always open to the last tab selected.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/68.3.1
taem

Post by taem »

That's unfortunate. I often close in my Inbox, but I'm trying to get into the habit of checking my Calendar first thing daily. I even setup Thunderbird to automatically load up when my compute Starts up. Shouldn't this basic feature be intrinsic to Mozilla products?
Oh well. Thank you all for the responses.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

taem wrote:That's unfortunate. I often close in my Inbox, but I'm trying to get into the habit of checking my Calendar first thing daily. I even setup Thunderbird to automatically load up when my compute Starts up. Shouldn't this basic feature be intrinsic to Mozilla products?
Oh well. Thank you all for the responses.
Thunderbird is no longer a Mozilla product and hasn't been for a few years now.

My normal production profile opens to my Inbox, or at least the Mail tab, with the Today Pane enabled so I can check my calendar the first thing daily.

I take it you don't and need to use View > Today Pane > Show Today Pane to enable it.
taem

Post by taem »

No, I have the tab always open. I've been getting in the habit of clicking on the calendar tab before shutting down T.Bird and that works just fine. A little bit of user training ;)
Code Name

Post by Code Name »

I use Windows 10 and my Thunderbird and Calendar does what Walt's does. If I close Thunderbird with the Calendar open, Thunderbird always reopens with the Calendar open. If I close Thunderbird with the Calendar closed, Thunderbird always reopens with the Calendar closed. I display the right-hand Calendar's 'Today Pane" (as shown in the image below), which provides me a quick look at the upcoming Events and Tasks (choice of displaying Events only, Tasks only or both Events and Tasks) for the next 7 days.

https://i.ibb.co/vDsPFtW/TB-Calendar.jpg
Last edited by DanRaisch on December 28th, 2019, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image tags removed to restore page formatting.
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...