The End

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
patrocle

Re: The End

Post by patrocle »

I have not post much in here but i do use Thunderbird email software and visited here when i need some help. I hope it stays open.
If not it can be transferred to someone else to administrated.
Of course u need to get new hosting witch it may require vps hosting or even dedicate hosting, it all depends in the traffic of the forum daily. I understand that the owner does not want to share the user details but at least if a deal is made to at least the domain is transferred to keep the legacy going.
I managed owned before forums build on vbulletin, xenforo and other forum scripts type. Now if the old owner of this forum does not want to share the users id/emails and their data for privacy reasons , then assign all postings to one user , let say " MozillaZineBot" and this way all postings will be saved and then erase all user data.
Regarding Forum Software: I used to like Vbulletin a lot, but now i think xenforo is much better.
Anyway, It was nice to keep the old domain going "mozillazine.org" 22 years is quite good to keep the legacy going....+
Regards,
besonen

Post by besonen »

Here's another vote for (and another person willing to contribute to) keeping these forums alive.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Many thanks to Jason for not pulling the plug here.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
firestorm31

Post by firestorm31 »

I read the entire thread from post 1.

so what's the status of this board?

how long will it stay up?
Dilbert Firestorm
thomas7906

Post by thomas7906 »

This online community looks like it has many great memories between a lot of people and, although it was nice, all great things must come to an end.

Oh also someone should consider archiving this site if that hasn't been done so already, not in the sense of making it read-only or unchanging but instead a snapshot of the site and all of its contents in each thread.
LordOfTheBored

Post by LordOfTheBored »

It's a secret to everybody.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

LIMPET235 wrote:May I suggest that all comments are kept "On Topic" please.
No need for all the irrelevant conversation.
Ta muchly.

We just have to wait till Jason replies & hope that the forum remains open.

Please stop!
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
kitesarefun

Post by kitesarefun »

kerz wrote: I find reddit to be a much better interface these days rather than these old forums,
How so? I find Reddit to be a monstrously ineffective way to carry out the functions that these forums have. I could spend the next four hours detailing dozens upon dozens of communicative functions that are convoluted, labyrinthine, inefficient or just plain missing on Reddit. It's more suited for ephemeral non-substantive chitchat, which is what it was designed for.
kitesarefun

Post by kitesarefun »

Just another comment to say how valuable Mozillazine is and how much more I have been able to do over the last 10+ years - just plain do, with anything involving computers - thanks to it. Without Mozillazine the number of hassles in my life would markedly increase.

- and that I would contribute money and time if there's anything I could do to keep it going.
Rocketman

Post by Rocketman »

I can imagine a mass exodus from Mozilla products if the support forums close. Why would a user keep using products whose main support has closed?
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Ben Franklin
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Rocketman wrote:I can imagine a mass exodus from Mozilla products if the support forums close. Why would a user keep using products whose main support has closed?
You do understand Mozillazine is an independent user site not affiliated with Mozilla, right?
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

RobertJ wrote:.
FYI

Mozilla Firefox Support Forum

You seem to be underestimating the impact of these forums. If the alternative is better, then these would die off on their own. Glad to see someone decided to keep things going here. I wonder if the "wayback machine" would still keep a running, decent, usable archive if this all went down.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

DN123ABC wrote:
FYI

You seem to be underestimating the impact of these forums.
Not at all; just providing a link to the Mozilla forum.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

besonen wrote:
FYI

That support forum is some seriously weak tea.
I'm sure they could use more help Volunteer.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5